Mayor's Disability Forum, Contributed by San Diego Disability Action Coalition (SDDAC)
- U.S. Department of Labor
- ADA Business BRIEF: Communicating with Guests who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in Hotels, Motels, and Other Places of Transient Lodging
- Guide for Places of Lodging: Serving Guests who are Blind or who have Low Vision
- ADA Business Connection
- ADA Home Page
- Reaching Out to Customers with Disabilities: Course to help you learn how to attract and successfully provide your services to this market
- ADA Technical Assistance Manual for State and Local Governments
- ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG) - United States Access Board
- Chapter 10: Recreation Facilities - ADA Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG)
- Disability Statistics Online Resource for U.S. Disability Statistics
- ADA Checklist for Emergency Shelters
- California Access Compliance Reference Manual
- California State Architect's Office for Title 24
- California Vehicle Code Law Change for 2008
City of San Diego Websites
- City of San Diego - Title 24 Accessibility Guide for Small Businesses (PDF)
- Development Services Department (DSD) Accessibility Requirements
- Fair Housing
- Seating Compliance
State and Federal Disability Insurance
- The State of California administers the State Disability Insurance program, commonly referred to as SDI. For more information regarding this public disability insurance program, go to their website at http://www.disabilitybenefits101.org/ca/programs/income_support/sdi/faqs.htm.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) pays benefits to you and certain members of your family if you are "insured," meaning that you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes. For information and to apply for SSDI, go to their website at http://www.ssa.gov/dibplan/dapply.htm.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes) It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income. It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter. For information and to apply, go to their website at http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/.
- San Diego Regional Center
- Accessibility 1000 (PDF) - A program to increase the supply of accessible units within the City of San Diego and advance fair housing for persons with disabilities.
- 2-1-1 San Diego - 24-Hour Community, Health, and Disaster Resources
- 711 for Telecommunications Relay Service - TRS is a telephone service that allows persons with hearing or speech disabilities to place and receive telephone calls.
- Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities
- Easter Seals - Disability Etiquette