Funding for Arts and Culture Nonprofits
The Commission for Arts and Culture will provide an extension for submitting the FY17 Survey of Eligibility to Apply (a.k.a. Survey of Intent to Apply); and an extension for submitting the full Fy17 Funding Application.
Please carefully read the instructions below to take advantage of this opportunity.
Nonprofits may now complete and submit the Survey of Eligibility to Apply by 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
- Any nonprofit that intends to submit an application for OSP or CCSD funding MUST submit a Survey of Eligibility to Apply by 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 3; an organization that does not submit a Survey of Eligibility to Apply by 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 3 will not be allowed to apply for funding for Fiscal Year 2017.
- Any nonprofit that has already completed and submitted a Survey of Eligibility to Apply does not need to submit again; this opportunity is for new submissions only.
- Any entity that has already submitted a Survey of Eligibility to Apply and been informed that it is ineligible is not allowed to submit again.
- The nonprofits that are determined to be eligible to submit full applications will be informed and granted access to the Online Application Portal no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
- Go to the online Survey of Eligibility to Apply now. *Please note: your organization may only apply to one funding program.
- OSP Applicants - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDARTS_OSP_FY17 or
- CCSD Applicants - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SDARTS_CCSD_FY17
The deadline for submitting a complete application for FY17 OSP of CCSD Funding has been extended to 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 7, 2016.
- This is a change from the original deadline of February 5, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. The new deadline for submitting a full application is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 7, 2016.
- This extension applies to everyone who has been deemed eligible to apply. *Please note, The Commission for Arts & Culture is closed on weekends, so please plan accordingly.
The cut-off time for questions to Commission staff from applicants has been extended to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5, 2016.
- This is a change from the original deadline of February 2 at NOON.
- This extension applies to everyone who has been deemed eligible to apply.
Please take careful note of these additional, important details:
- Please read the detailed guidelines for submitting an OSP or a CCSD application, which can be accessed online: http://www.sandiego.gov/arts-culture/funding/index.shtml
- For OSP applicants, a Cultural Data Project (CDP) FUNDER REPORT must be approved by CDP/DataArts staff (NOT Commission staff) for inclusion on the full application which is due by 11:59 p.m. on February 7. This means each applicant will have to account for completing the CDP before the application is due. Please note: DataArts is closed on weekends, so please plan accordingly. Need help? Here are instructions for creating a Funder Report.
The City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture annually awards funds to support the city's nonprofit arts and culture organizations and projects implemented by a variety of nonprofit organizations. These funds are awarded through two competitive application processes.
The Organizational Support Program (OSP) provides operational support to San Diego's nonprofit arts and culture organizations.
- Download the FY17 OSP Guidelines
- Online Survey of Eligibility to Apply for Organizational Support Program (OSP)
The Creative Communities San Diego Program (CCSD) provides project-specific support to a variety of San Diego's nonprofit organizations.
- Download the FY17 CCSD Guidelines
- Calculating Your FY17 CCSD Award Tip Sheet
- Online Survey of Eligibility to Apply for Creative Communities San Diego Program (CCSD)
Funding for both of these programs comes from the Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT), a tax levied on individuals who stay overnight in the city's hotels, motels and other lodging establishments. Council Policy 100-03 governs the use of these taxes to promote the city, including support for San Diego's arts and culture programs and services.
Technical Assistance Workshops have already taken place. Please reference the presentation documents for information shared.
Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Programs Key Dates *As of February 2, 2016
(Subject to Change)
February 3, 2016 8:00 AM: Revised Intent to Apply (Survey of Eligibility) Due
February 5, 2016 5:00 PM: Cut-off time for questions to Commission Staff
February 5, 2016: DATA ARTS (CDP) is closed on the weekend. Applicants must complete their profile, have it reviewed and downloaded a non-draft Funder report prior to EOD Friday, February 5.
February 7, 2016 11:59 PM: Application Due
March 7-18, 2016: Application Evaluations and Rankings
- A Commission Advisory Panel composed of community experts and Arts and Culture Commissioners reviews applications at meetings that are open to the public. The panelists evaluate all applications independently, and together as a group. Application groupings and exact meeting dates/times to be announced.
- ***The California Cultural Data Project (CDP) Funder Report will be due before the application. This is to ensure that each applicant submits a verified version of their FUNDER REPORT with their application. Key Notes Related to California Cultural Data Project (CDP)
Managing Your FY16 Contract
- FY16 Request for Payment Form
- Instructions for Completing Contract Kits, Memo from Executive Director, September 25, 2015
- Contract Kit Preparation Checklist for Contractors
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Flier Announcing Dates for Office Hours
- Contractors' Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- Optional Declaration In Lieu of Required Commercial Automobile Liability Insurance Policy
- Optional Declaration In Lieu of Required Workers' Compensation Insurance Policy
- IRS W-9 Form
- Electronic Payment Enrollment Form (Optional)