To advance open and accountable government through accurate, independent, and objective audits and investigations that seek to improve the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of City government.
Through performance audits, financial audits, and special investigations, the Office of the City Auditor provides essential information to assist the City Council in its decision-making process. The Office of the City Auditor also provides valuable information to City management and the general public. Our mission is to independently assess and report on City operations and services while providing objective and technically correct information.
The Office of the City Auditor is an independent office that reports to the City Council's Audit Committee.
- Charter Authority (PDF) - with the passage of Proposition C on June 3, 2008, the City Charter will be amended and the Office of the City Auditor will conduct business under this authority.
- Improper Influence Ordinance (PDF) - With City Council's passage of the Improper Influence Ordinance effective October 11, 2009 it is unlawful to take any action to coerce or fraudulently influence, manipulate or mislead the City Auditor or any member of his staff in the conduct of an audit.
- FY14 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY13 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY12 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY11 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY10 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- FY09 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- Chris Kime, CIA, Audit Manager
- Danielle Knighten, MBA, CICA, CFS, Audit Manager
- Matthew E. Helm, MAITF, Audit Manager
- Albert J Allison, MBA, CFE, Fraud Investigator
- Stephen Gomez, CISA, Senior IT Auditor
- Sunny McLernon, MSW, Senior Performance Auditor
- Andy Hanau, MPP, Senior Performance Auditor
- Shawneé Pickney, MPA, Senior Performance Auditor
- Shoshana Aguilar, MPA, Performance Auditor II
- Kevin Christensen, JD, Performance Auditor II
- Andy Horita, MAcc, MSW, CFE, CPA, Performance Auditor I
- Alicia De La Garza, CGAP, Performance Auditor I
- Luis Briseño, Performance Auditor I
- Michael Lee, MSPPM, Performance Auditor I
- Sara Collier, Performance Auditor I
- Megan Garth, MPP, Performance Auditor I