Open Meetings for Local Legislative Bodies, 2003, California Attorney General's Office (PDF) (Provisions of the Ralph M. Brown Act, which govern open meetings for local government bodies)
Each Board member on the MCIRB will be required to file an Annual Statement of Economic Interest Fair Political Practices Commission Form 700. In addition, each member must comply with five additional safeguards to prevent conflict of interests or the appearance thereof. These provisions state that:
- Board members are shall be barred from making financial contributions to, or publicly support or oppose, a candidate or incumbent for City office;
- Board members are barred from acting as a lobbyist required to register with the City;
- Board members shall not have any personal or financial interests that would create conflict of interests with the duties of a Board member;
- Board members are prohibited from entering into a contract with or accepting employment from an independent contractor that secures a City contract through Managed Competition for the duration of the contract; and
- Former Board members shall be barred from entering into a contract with or accepting employment from an independent contractor that secures a City contract through managed competition for the duration of that contract after leaving the Board, if the Board member participated in the selection process for that contract.