Applications, Forms, and Regulations
CDBG Funding Applications
FY 2017 Request for Proposals
The City of San Diego's Community Development Division (formally the HUD Programs Administration office) will be accepting Fiscal Year 2017 CDBG Request for Proposals (RFP) from agencies who participated in the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) phase and were deemed qualified. Agencies must have been qualified in the RFQ process in order to submit an RFP for FY 2017. RFP materials are available January 4, 2016 and the deadline to submit the completed materials is no later than 3:00 p.m. on Monday, January 25, 2016. Agencies must also attend one of the mandatory CDBG workshops in order to submit an RFP response.
ALL applicants are required to submit the RFP using the Online Grants Portal (OGP) system. Applicants may request a Technical Assistance (TA) meeting with questions regarding the RFP. To request a TA meeting, please email the Community Development Division office at CDBG@sandiego.gov with "TA Request" listed in the subject line. Additional instructions for requesting a TA appointment can be found in the RFP Handbook.
Technical Assistance meetings will be held at the Community Development Division Office (Civic Center Plaza Building, 1200 Third Ave., 14th Floor, San Diego CA 92101) beginning January 7, 2016.
Potential applicants may also email questions about the RFP. Please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "RFP Question" in the subject line. Additional instructions for asking questions can be found in the RFP Handbook.
Additional FY 2017 CDBG Request for Proposal (RFP) reference materials:
- FY 2017 CDBG RFP FAQs 2, January 22, 2016
- FY 2017 CDBG RFP FAQs 1, January 19, 2016
- FY 2017 RFP Schedule
- 2010 Eligible Block Groups Table, sorted by City Council Districts
- 2010 Low and Moderate Income Census Block Groups for City of San Diego with Council Districts & Community Planning Areas
- 2010 Low and Moderate Income Census Block Groups for City of San Diego
- American Fact Finder Address Search: Find Census Block Group
- Geographic Targeting Areas of Need: Recommended Community Planning Areas
- HUD Income Limits for City of San Diego
- Presumed Low to Moderate Income Persons
- FY 2017 Scoring Criteria: Public Services
- FY 2017 Scoring Criteria: Community & Economic Development
- FY 2017 Scoring Criteria: Nonprofit Capital Improvement Projects
CPAB Reference Materials
FY 2017 Request for Qualifications
The City of San Diego's HUD Programs Administration Office (HPA) will be accepting Fiscal Year 2017 CDBG Request for Qualifications (RFQ) from interested parties beginning October 26, 2015. The RFQ is the first phase of the application process for agencies interested in applying for CDBG funding for projects beginning implementation on July 1, 2016. The deadline to submit the RFQ materials is no later than 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, 2015.
Please note, different from previous years, ALL applicants are required to submit the RFQ using the Online Grants Portal (OGP) system. Potential applicants can request a Technical Assistance meeting with questions regarding the OGP site or the RFQ. Please email the HPA office at CDBG@sandiego.gov with the following information:
- Subject Line: Request for Technical Assistance meeting-Agency Name
- Body of email: Agency name, attendee(s) name and title; reason for assistance (i.e. RFQ assistance, OGP assistance)
Technical Assistance meetings will be held at the HPA Office (Civic Center Plaza Building, 1200 Third Ave., 14th Floor, San Diego CA 92101).
Potential applicants can also email questions about the OGP site and the RFQ. Please email our office at CDBG@sandiego.gov and identify what the question would pertain to (i.e. OGP issue, RFQ question). Thank you.
FY 2017 CDBG Request for Qualifications (RFQ) reference materials:
- FY 2017 CDBG RFQ Timeline (PDF)
- Key Fiscal Requirements Presentation from November 04, 2015 CPAB meeting (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions regarding the FY 2017 RFQ will be posted in this section. The questions from the FY 2016 RFQ are also included as a reference.
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ FAQ #1, October 31, 2014 (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ FAQ #2, November 7, 2014 (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ FAQ #3, November 13, 2014 (PDF)
Previous Fiscal Year Request for Proposal Forms
If you would like to view prior year Request for Qualifications (RFQ) or Request for Proposals (RFP) forms, please email the HUD Programs Administration Office at CDBG@sandiego.gov. Thank you.
Other Important Documents to Review
Council Policy 700-02 — This policy establishes the general guidelines by which the City will select and implement activities utilizing CDBG funds.
HUD Regulations — The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has a set of regulations that must be followed in order to be eligible for CDBG funding.
OMB Circulars — All federal fund subrecipients shall comply with the policies, guidelines, and requirements of OMB Circulars A-110 (Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations), A-122 (Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations), and A-133 (Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations).
24 CFR Part 84 — Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations.