Applications, Forms, and Regulations
CDBG Funding Applications
FY 2016 Request for Qualifications
The City of San Diego Fiscal Year 2016 CDBG Request for Qualifications (RFQ) from interested parties for projects beginning implementation on July 1, 2015 closed on November 17, 2014. The following links and information is for reference purposes. In order to be considered, the application submittal package must have been received by the HUD Programs Administration Office no later than 3:00 p.m. on Monday, November 17, 2014.
FY 2016 CDBG Request for Qualifications (RFQ) materials include:
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Timeline (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Questionnaire (PDF, DOC)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Submittal Checklist (PDF, DOC)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Handbook (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Certification Form (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Assurance of Audit Requirement Form (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ FAQ #1, October 31, 2014 (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ FAQ #2, November 7, 2014 (PDF)
- FY 2016 CDBG RFQ FAQ #3, November 13, 2014 (PDF)
- Key Fiscal Requirements Presentation from November 12, 2014 CPAB meeting (PDF)
For FY 2016, CDBG funding recommendations will be based on a two-phase application process: Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP). All FY 2016 CDBG applicants must successfully complete both phases in order to be considered for FY 2016 CDBG funding. Applicants must successfully complete the RFQ process in order to be invited to participate in the RFP process. The RFQ process will result in an agency being deemed either qualified or unqualified to participate in the upcoming RFP process. Only "qualified" applicants will be invited to continue with the RFP process.
Agencies are only required to submit one (1) CDBG RFQ packet (as referenced in the FY 2016 CDBG RFQ Handbook).
Please note the following updates for November 13, 2014:
- The third and final set of Frequently Asked Questions has been posted.
- The PDF version of the RFQ Questionnaire has been updated. There were minor issues with a few of the form fields. No changes to content nor are there any changes in the allocation of space to provide responses.
- The Fiscal Requirements presentation at the November 12, 2014 CPAB meeting has been posted. The presentation provides a comprehensive overview of the key fiscal requirements that apply to the RFQ process.
Please note the following updates for November 7, 2014:
- The second set of Frequently Asked Questions has been posted.
Please note the following updates for October 31, 2014:
- The first set of Frequently Asked Questions has been posted.
- The Assurance of Audit Requirement document has been uploaded and must be included in the 2016 CDBG RFQ submission.
Previous Fiscal Year Request for Proposal Forms
If you would like to view prior year Request for Qualifications (RFQ) or Request for Proposals (RFP) forms, please email the HUD Programs Administration Office at CDBG@sandiego.gov. Thank you.
Other Important Documents to Review
Council Policy 700-02 — This policy establishes the general guidelines by which the City will select and implement activities utilizing CDBG funds.
HUD Regulations — The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development has a set of regulations that must be followed in order to be eligible for CDBG funding.
OMB Circulars — All federal fund subrecipients shall comply with the policies, guidelines, and requirements of OMB Circulars A-110 (Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations), A-122 (Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations), and A-133 (Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations).
24 CFR Part 84 — Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations.