Water and Sewer Group Job 957
This project will replace aging clay sewer and cast iron water pipes installed in the downtown Center City and Golden Hill communities between 1911 and 1950. The project will:
- Replace the aging pipes with new Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) pipe;
- Install more than 7,200 feet of new water and sewer pipe;
- Abandon approximately 3,200 feet of pipe in place. The abandoned segments, which are 16-inch or larger in diameter, will be filled in with pressure grouting or blown sand, as required by San Diego Regional Standard Drawing. This process helps cost effectively minimize impacts to the community and keep the project on schedule;
- Help avoid future service disruptions;
- Increase system capacity;
- And reduce maintenance requirements.
|Anticipated Construction Start: October 2013*|
|Anticipated Construction Complete: October 2014*|
The projectís planning, design, and construction budget is $5.5 million.*
* The construction schedule and project budget is approximate and subject to change.
For questions or concerns about the project, call the Public Works Department construction project information line at (619) 533-4207, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your inquiry online. Please reference "Water and Sewer Group Job 957" in your inquiry.