Sewer and Water Group Job 820
Located in the community of La Jolla, Sewer and Water Group Job 820 will bring existing sewer and water mains up to modern standards, accommodate community growth and reduce maintenance requirements. The project includes:
- Replacement of approximately 1.3 miles of deteriorated sewer main and laterals.
- Rehabilitation of approximately .31 miles of existing sewer mains.
- Replacement of .5 miles of cast iron (CI) water mains with new PVC pipe, including replacement of water service lines (or laterals) connecting residences and businesses to the new water main in the street.
- Installations of approximately 40 new curb ramps that will improve mobility access for people with physical disabilities.
- Resurface streets impacted by its construction activities.
All efforts will be taken to minimize impacts to the residents and businesses in the community. To help keep the community informed about the anticipated construction activities and impacts for Sewer and Water Group Job 820, updates will be emailed to subscribers as significant events occur.
To receive the email updates, submit your email address in the “Join our Email List” box on the left side of this page and select the “Project Updates: Sewer and Water Group Job 820” email self-subscribe list. To view previous email updates for this project, please visit the email archive page.
This project will replace, rehabilitate and install approximately 12,045 linear feet of 8 –inch, 10-inch, 12-inch to 15-inch sewer main; and relocate or replace approximately 1,364 linear feet of 12-inch to 16-inch water main. He project also includes replacement of sewer laterals, water valves, water services, curb ramps and street resurfacing on impacted streets.
Anticipated Construction Schedule
- Construction Start: November, 2013*
- Construction Finish: March, 2015*
Standard construction hours and days are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The project falls under the summer moratorium guidelines, so there won’t be any work on this project west of Torrey Pines Road between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Construction will not take place during the Holiday Moratorium -from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day- on Prospect St., Prospect Pl., Ivanhoe Ave from Cave to Wall St., and Torrey Pines Rd.
Sewer and Water Group Job 820 project’s planning, design, and construction budget is approximately $4,174,201.50*
* The construction schedule and project budget is approximate and subject to change.
For questions or concerns about the project, call the Public Works Department construction project information line at (619) 533-4207, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your inquiry online. Please reference "Sewer and Water Group Job 820" in your inquiry.