Balboa Park Committee
To advise the Park and Recreation Board, Mayor, City Council, and City Manager on policy issues relating to the acquisition, development, maintenance and operation of Balboa Park.
Appointed by Mayor and confirmed by Council subject to the following conditions:
(1) The Mayor shall appoint one member from among the members of the Park and Recreation Board who shall be designated Chair;
(2) The Mayor shall appoint one member who shall be designated Vice-Chair;
(3) The Mayor shall appoint three members from a list of at least four nominees provided by the Councilmember representing the majority of the area in Balboa Park;
(4) The Mayor shall appoint four members from planning groups officially recognized by the City pursuant to Council Policy 600-24 as follows:
(a) one member from the planning group representing the Uptown neighborhood,
(b) one member from the planning group representing the North Park neighborhood, and
(c) one member from the planning group representing the Golden Hill neighborhood;
(d) one member from the planning group representing the Centre City neighborhood;
(6) The Mayor shall appoint one member representing a large institution in Balboa Park and one member representing a small or mid-sized institution in Balboa Park.
Two year staggered terms and until their successors have been appointed and qualified. The expiration date of all terms shall be March 1.
Twelve (12) members