Sustainable Energy Advisory Board
- Members (PDF)
- Advise the City Council and City Manager through the Mayor on energy policy and be responsible for recommending future energy guidelines to accomplish the goals of the “Energy 2030: The San Diego Regional Energy Strategy” adopted by the San Diego Association of Governments [SANDAG] in July 2003.
- Advise on the best and most cost-effective method to implement a City goal to install at least fifty (50) megawatts of renewable-fueled electric generating capacity in public and private facilities by the year 2013.
- Advise how the City can remove barriers to the development of renewable energy facilities for public and private facilities in the San Diego region.
- Advise on how the City can provide incentives for the development of renewable energy resources.
- Coordinate with City staff to develop innovative mechanisms for financing renewable energy resources.
- Become aware of and develop competence in energy issues and be broadly representative of the community interests.
- Seek participation by regional business and political leaders and public interest groups in energy issues.
- Coordinate energy planning activities with the City Energy Administrator.
- Perform such other studies as may be specifically requested by the Mayor and Council and provide information and advise thereon.
- Report progress at a meeting of the Rules Committee no later than January 3, 2004 and every six months thereafter.
Appointed by Mayor and confirmed by Council.
Two-year terms and each member shall serve until a successor is duly appointed and confirmed. The members shall be appointed in such a manner that the terms of not more than five (5) members shall expire in any year. The expiration date of all terms shall be March 1. During March of each year, the Mayor may designate one (1) member as Chairperson; however, in the absence of such designation, the Board shall, on or after April 15, select from among its members a Chairperson.
Eleven (11) members; seven designated members, two at-large members, and two alternate members. The seven designated members shall be appointed from the following representative areas of organizational interest, expertise, and background: San Diego Regional Energy Office [SANDAG], San Diego Gas & Electric Company, Environmental Advocate, Labor Organization, Solar Power System Manufacturer or Installer, Building Industry, Chamber of Commerce/Business Community. The two at-large representatives and the two alternative members shall be appointed at the discretion of the Mayor and subject to confirmation by the Council.
Municipal Code Section 26.04. Board established by Ordinance 0-15631 NS on 12/07/81. Amended by Ordinance 19224 on October 13, 2003.