Torrey Pines City Park Advisory Board
To serve in an advisory capacity to provide input to the Park and Recreation Board on General Development Plan for Torrey Pines City Park (GDP), in compliance with Council Policy 600-33, "Community Input for Park Projects" (PDF).
Appointed by the Mayor.
Two-year staggered terms until the final General Development Plan for Torrey Pines City Park is voted upon by the Park and Recreation Board. The expiration date for all terms shall be November 1. Initial appointments that are less than the full term of two years will be allowed to serve two full terms. Each member shall serve until his or her successor is duly appointed and qualified. Any vacancy shall be filed for the remainder of the unexpired term. Any vacancy replacements will be eligible to serve the remaining term of the vacant position and two full terms.
Eleven (11) members. The board shall be composed of the following:
- One at-large member;
- One member from the San Diego Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association, to represent paragliders, and one member from the Torrey Hawks Hang Gliding Club who is also a member of the San Diego Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association, to represent hangliders;
- One representative from each of the following organization:
- Associated Glider Clubs of Southern California (sailplane)
- Park and Recreation Board Member
- Park and Recreation Board's Community Parks I Area Committee Member
- Sierra Club - San Diego Chapter (non-profit/environmental)
- Torrey Pines Association (non-profit/environmental)
- Torrey Pines Gulls Radio-Controlled Soaring Society (radio-controlled model sailplane gliders)
- University Community Planning Group;
- One representative from a list of up to three nominations submitted by the Councilmember who represents Torrey Pines City Park.
R-302749 7/27/2007; R-303300 1/18/2008