Information bulletins are free publications that provide fees, technical instruction, policies and/or procedures.
See the entire listing of Information Bulletins by Subject and Number.
- Information Bulletin 118: How to Process Construction Changes to Permitted Plans (PDF)
If your project has already received its construction permits but changes need to be made to the plans, follow these directions.
- Information Bulletin 122: How to Prepare a Single Dwelling Unit Site Plan and Vicinity Map (PDF).
Updated per CBC 2007. Assists in the preparation of plot/site plan and vicinity map for a single family residence.
- Information Bulletin 140: How To Obtain a Permit to Build a Residential Addition/Alteration (PDF)
Assists in the preparation of your plans for a Single-Story Room Addition and Accessory Structures for Single-dwelling units or Duplexes.
Requirements and Regulations
- Information Bulletin 116: Hazardous Materials Reporting Requirements (PDF)
Any hazardous materials that will be stored in a building when construction is complete must be reported in advance.
- Information Bulletin 117: Regulations Covering Permit Expiration and Extension (PDF)
Determine when permits expire and when they can be extended.
- Information Bulletin 142: Permitting Requirements for Residential Garage Conversions (PDF).
Describes the minimum requirements for obtaining a permit to convert a garage of a single family dwelling or duplex to a habitable (or non-parking) area.
- Information Bulletin 515: Geotechnical Study Requirements (PDF)
Describes when geotechnical reports are required at project submittal for development permits, subdivisions, and grading permits.
- Information Bulletin 111: Sign Plan Check to Permit Issuance (PDF)
Use this bulletin to apply and obtain permits for business sign installation.
- Information Bulletin 115: Permit Exemptions (PDF)
Covers when construction permits and inspections are not needed.
- Information Bulletin 523: Sidewalk Cafe Neighborhood Use Permit (PDF)
This information bulletin describes the submittal requirements for a Sidewalk Cafe Neighborhood Use Permit.
- Information Bulletin 532: Inclusionary Housing (PDF)
This information bulletin provides basic information regarding the Inclusionary Housing Ordinance.
- Information Bulletin 534: Pushcart Neighborhood Use Permit (PDF)
This information bulletin describes pushcarts, their permitted locations, permit requirements, and submittal requirements for their installation in the public right-of-way.
- Information Bulletin 710: Permit Instructions, Procedures for Building Demolition/Removal (PDF)
This information bulletin describes the procedures and required permits for demolishing or removing buildings or structures located in the City of San Diego.