3. Discretionary Review
- Municipal Code
- City of San Diego Subdivision Procedures (PDF)
- Coastal Regulation (PDF)
- Codes, Regulations, Requirements
- Environmentally Sensitive Land Regulations (PDF)
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) - Statutes, guidelines and other information from the State of California on the law governing environmental review.
- City of San Diego Implementation Procedures for the California Environmental Quality Act and the State CEQA Guidelines (PDF)
- California Subdivision Map Act
- Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
- Fire Safety Information
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention
- Unreinforced Masonry
Development Processes and Procedures
- Submittal Manual
- Land Development Manual
- Development Review Process
- Development Project Managers (DPM)
- Condominium Conversions Info
- Design Guidelines and Templates
Development Specifications and Handouts
- Information Bulletins
Free publications that provide fees, technical instruction, policies and/or procedures.
- "Virtual DPI" (PDF)
A Visual Guide to Information Bulletins.
- Building Newsletters
Interpretations and applications of the 1994 and 1998 California Building Code as adopted by the City of San Diego.
- Zoning Information Request
- Official Zoning Map (draft)
- Uses for your zone (PDF)
- Previously conforming density (PDF)
Community Related Information
- Affordable Housing/Expedite Program
- Multiple Species Conservation Program (MSCP) - Information on the city's effort to preserve the environment
Other Departments and Agencies
- Planning Department - Long range planning for the City of San Diego.
- Redevelopment Agency - Details on redevelopment agencies in the City of San Diego.
- San Diego Economic Development Corporation - Partners for Economic Prosperity
- County Department of Planning and Land Use - The County's Department of Planning and Land Use is the reviewing agency for the unincoporated areas of San Diego County
- Naval Training Center - Information on the transformation from a military base to an urban village.
- Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC) - A nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the design, affordability, energy performance, and environmental soundness of residential, institutional, and commercial buildings nationwide
- California Chapter of the American Planning Association (APA) - Bringing together Californians to forge a better future