Permits for Building/Construction
Documents Required for Construction/Building Permit Issuance
To receive a permit, all discipline reviews and requirements from the previous steps must be satisfied. Once you have all of the needed documents, you can schedule an appointment for Permit Issuance (commonly called Stamp Out) by calling (619) 446-5300.
Below is a checklist of documents you will need to complete and have with you at the time of your Permit Issuance appointment. Please note that if you do not have all of the necessary documents, it may delay the issuance of your permit.
- 3 Sets of Plans
- 2 complete sets of plans with ALL stamps and approvals on them.
- 1 set of plans, with site and floor plans with no stamp required. This 3rd set of plans will be sent to the County Assessor's Office for assessment purposes.
- General Application (DS-3032) (PDF - Filler Form)
Completed with ALL required signatures.
- Owner-Builder Form (DS-3042)
If a building, plumbing, mechanical, or electrical permit is issued to an owner-builder, a separate Owner-Builder Verification form (DS-3042) must be signed by the owner before the permit can be issued. Note: If the property owner will not be present at permit issuance to provide proof of identity, the property owner’s signature must be notarized.
- Check for School Fees
- If you are paying School Fees, you will need a check made out to: San Diego Unified School District or SDUSD. Leave the amount of the check blank. You will be told the correct amount during permit issuance process.
- Other School Districts. An approval print-out documenting chargeable square footage is required by ALL school districts. To print this approval, see a staff member at Development Permit Information (DPI) or Permit Issuance (Stamp Out) on the 3rd floor of the Development Services Center. If you have already paid these fees, you will need to bring to your Permit Issuance appointment, a receipt or Certificate of Compliance from the respective school district. Please note that your school jurisdiction was determined at the time of project submittal.
- Check for Permit Fees
Your check to cover Building Permit fees should be made out to: City Treasurer. At the end of your Permit Issuance appointment, you will be given an invoice. You can make your payment on the invoice at the Development Services Center Cashier's Booth located on the 3rd floor, near the building exit. This paid invoice will become your APPROVAL and valid Building Permit. Please note that a delay in paying your fee may delay your project schedule.
- The following documents will be requested at permit issuance ONLY if they were requested by any of your reviewers during the plan check process, such as the structural and/or Combination reviewers