Forms and Development Information
Fire Safety Codes, Regulations and Information
The following sprinkler policies are in the process of being updated. As policies are updated, they will be removed from this page and will be located either on the Information Bulletins or Technical Bulletins page. Since the following policies are not consistent with current codes and standards, the City of San Diego will be enforcing concepts addressed in these policies that are clarifications to the current adopted codes or that are more restrictive than the currently adopted codes. Note that the City of San Diego has adopted the 2013 California Codes and its referenced standards as of January 1, 2014.
- Minimum Inspection Requirements (PDF)
Policy FS-0403 - to establish minimum level of inspections.
- Sprinkler Shell Building Densities Article 81 High Piled Stock (PDF)
Policy FS-0404 - sprinkler system requirements for high-piled storage.
- Sprinkler Densities for Open Space Floor Plans Without Specific Tenants (PDF)
Policy FS-0405 - policy for sprinkler density on unoccupied floors.
- Sprinkler System Backflow Prevention (PDF)
Policy FS-0406 - requirements for backflow assembly.
- Exposed Sprinkler Heads (PDF)
Policy FS-0407 - requirements for sprinkler heads.
- Inspector's Test Valve Location (PDF)
Policy FS-0409 - location in building for test valve.
- On Site Fire Hydrants (PDF)
Policy FS-0410 - requirements for onsite fire hydrants.
- Standpipes Installation for Buildings on Sloping Sites (PDF)
Policy fS-0414 - Requirements for standpipes in buildings that are built on different grades.
- Waterflow Alarm (PDF)
Policy FS-0415 - Requirements for location of waterflow alarms in buildings.
- Sprinkler Requirements for Bathrooms in R-3 and R-1 Occupancies (PDF)
Policy FS-0416 - Policy is to specify design, submittal, and inspection requirements for bathrooms in residential occupancies.