Forms and Development Information
Construction Recycling Information
- Requirements for storage and collection of refuse and recyclable materials.
Did you know that the City of San Diego Municipal Code requires all multi-family complexes, commercial and industrial developments built since 1992 to have a permanent, adequate and convenient space for the storage and collection of refuse and recyclable materials? Check it out at Chapter 14: General Regulations, Article 2: General Development Regulations Division 8: Refuse and Recyclable Materials Storage Regulations (PDF)
- Environmental Services Construction & Demolition (C & D) Recycling Website
Includes the City's ordinance, potential benefits of C & D recycling, tips to manage C & D material at the job site, publications, and additional resources.
- Construction andDemolition Debris, Yard Waste and Scrap Metal Recycling Directory (PDF) Yearly guide published by the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department.
- Construction Waste Management Database
Recyclers of construction and demolition waste may advertise their services free on this U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) database.
Resources to help businesses reduce waste and promote recycling, while receiving financial benefits.
- Environmental Services Business Recycling Information
Including publications, information about market development for the recycling industry, and recycling business-generated hazardous waste.
- Recycling Collection Services for Businesses & Multi-family Complexes
Includes recycling of paper, cardboard, plastics, glass and aluminum.
- Annual Business Recycling Awards
For companies that have demonstrated that using resources wisely leads to greater efficiency and contributes to their bottom line.
- Greenery Recycling at the Miramar Landfill
To promote greenery recycling, a discount is available on incoming loads of clean green waste, food waste, dry wood, and lumber!
- Is your project subject to CEQA? If so, please review these CEQA guidelines (PDF) and the CEQA Information Bulletin (PDF).
Please see Environmental Services Department for more information about City of San Diego recycling programs.