Enterprise Zone Program Update
The deadline for submitting EZ tax credit voucher applications to the San Diego Regional Enterprise Zone (SDREZ) is 5:00PM on October 1, 2014.
Applications received after that date will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender via USPS.
Enterprise Zone Locations
- The City of San Diego was originally home to two different Enterprise Zones: the Metropolitan Enterprise Zone and the South Bay Enterprise Zone. In 2006, the two zones were merged and then enlarged to become the San Diego Regional Enterprise Zone. It includes portions of San Diego in the Second, Third, Fourth, Seventh and Eighth Council Districts, as well as parts of the City of Chula Vista and National City. Portions overlap with the City's Foreign-Trade Zone and a Recycling Market Development Zone, which offer other benefits.
- A "special enterprise zone" is located at the Naval Training Center and provides advantages similar to other Enterprise Zones, though specific eligibility criteria and benefits may differ. Businesses of all types that are located within a Local Area Military Base Recovery Area (LAMBRA) are eligible.
For more specific information, please see:
- San Diego Regional Enterprise Zone Sites Map (PDF) - NOTE: Please use the Zoom feature of your PDF reader to enlarge/reduce the view of the map.
- Business Development and Incentive Zone Mapping System
- San Diego Regional Enterprise Zone
- Targeted Employment Area Map (TEA) Effective January 1, 2013 (PDF) - NOTE: Please use the Zoom feature of your PDF reader to enlarge/reduce the view of the map.