Lead Safety and Healthy Homes Program
The Lead Safety Collaborative (LSC)
The City of San Diego's Lead Safety & Healthy Homes Project (LSHHP) has recently been awarded a HUD Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control Grant. The program goals are:
- Remediate lead hazards in 150 low income housing units, maximizing the number of children protected from lead poisoning and other housing-related hazards.
- Building local capacity to address HUD's Healthy Home Strategy
- Further developing strategic relationships to promote program sustainability
- Continued integrating of healthy homes principles into all City housing programs
- Promoting Section 3 training and employment opportunities
- Educating the community on healthy homes and lead related issues so that they may be better able to protect themselves.
This program is anticipated to be available starting in January 2015
- Environmental Health Coalition - Outreach, Education, Intake & Follow-up
- County of San Diego CLPPP - Child EBL Referrals
- San Diego Housing Commission - Housing
- Urban Corps - Jobs Section 3 Traning
- Grid Alternatives - Solar Installations
- Metropolitan Area Advisory Committee - Weatherization Funding
- Richard Heath and Associates - Energy Efficiency
- Campesonis Unidos Inc. - Weatherization
- La Maestra Community Health Center - Blood Lead Testing
If you would like to know more about the program e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 858-694-7000.