Refuse Disposal Fees
Refuse disposal fees charged at the Miramar Landfill are based on the type of vehicle hauling the waste, type of waste, the net weight of loads and whether the waste is generated within the City of San Diego. This information is to be used as a reference and not intended to be the final determination for any specific load that requires special processing.
Cars, pickup trucks and small trailers are charged standard disposal fees that are assessed as "flat rates" depending on the type of refuse disposed and where the waste was generated.
Additional fees (PDF) will be charged for oversized, overweight or uncovered loads; for extra processing by City staff; and for returned checks. All fees are determined at the gate.Self-Haul Flat Rate Disposal Fee Changes Effective July 1, 2013
For more information, call 858-694-7000.
|Flat Rate Disposal Fees: Based on Vehicle Type|
|Cars, Pickup Trucks, and Small Trailers|
|Type of Vehicle||Type of Material|
|Refuse||Construction & Demolition||Clean Green||Clean Wood|
|Pickups and Vans||$36/$36||$51/$51||$0/$13||$0/$11|
|Sedans and Conventional Station Wagons||$20/$20||$30/$30||$0/$4||$0/$2|
|Minivans and SUVs||$30/$30||$43/$43||$0/$9||$0/$7|
|Single Axle Trailer, 5'x8'x4' or less||$35/$35||$50/$50||$0/$13||$0/$9|
|Double Axle Trailer, 5'x8'x4'||$58/$58||$84/$84||$0/$13||$0/$11|
|Flat rate for non-city customers: Ask on-site Miramar Landfill attendant|
* Self-hauled from primary residence
|Disposal Fees: Based on Tonnage|
|Modified pickups, trailers over 5'x8'x4', and all other types of vehicles|
|Weighed Loads||Type of Material|
|Refuse*||Construction & Demolition*||Clean Green||Clean Wood|
|Resident, less than 2 tons||$40||$93||** $0||** $0|
|Resident, 2 tons or more||$48||$101||**$0||** $0|
|* Fees include $10 recycling fee,
$8 refuse collector business tax (RCBT),
or franchise fee as applicable
** Self-hauled from primary residence
- No hand unloads after 4 p.m.
- All CRTs, TVs, appliances, universal waste, electronic waste, and household hazardous materials must be properly disposed of before entering landfill.
- All loads must be covered. Fee for uncovered loads: $5 - $10.
- During inclement weather, vehicle restrictions may occur.
- Only cash and checks are accepted. No debit or credit cards.
- Make checks payable to City Treasurer
- A penalty of $27 will be imposed for all returned checks.
- Please request a receipt of your transaction.
- For efficient transactions, large volume/tonnage customers can apply for Deferred Payment Account Services
For any questions concerning your disposal fees, please see the on-site supervisor in the Miramar Landfill office prior to disposal of your load.