Bring Your Own Bag
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter before August 31, 2014 for a chance to win a family four pack of tickets to SeaWorld San Diego, a family four pack of tickets to the San Diego Zoo, a family four pack of tickets to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, a $50 Ralphs gift card, or a MY ECO 4-in-1 reusable shopping bag.
Tips to help you remember your bags EVERY TIME YOU SHOP
- Store reusable bags in the car and at work. Many shopping trips are unplanned and unexpected. Be prepared by keeping reusable bags handy and accessible.
- Get reusables with a clip. Clip your reusable bags to key chains, belt loops, purse straps, dog leashes, and stroller handles -- anything to make sure they're there when you need them.
- Hang your bags on your doorknob, and you'll be sure to remember your reusable bag on the way out of the house.
- In the checkout line and forgot your bags!? No problem. If you have just a few items, "go bagless!" If you have more, just load all of your groceries back into the cart, and bag them once you get to your car. If you forgot your bags completely, you can always load your un-bagged groceries into the car and retrieve your bags once you get home to carry them inside. You'll be sure to remember them the next time!
Cleaning Tips for Your Reusable Bags
- Use different bags for different items. Designate certain bags for different items such as raw meat, seafood, and cleaning supplies. Label bags to avoid confusion.
- Read the care labels on your bags to determine whether they should be machine washed, hand washed, or wiped clean with a non-toxic cleaning agent.
After cleaning, make sure bags are dry before storing.
Follow these instructions (PDF) to make a free reusable bag out of an old t-shirt with only a pair of scissors! Check the web for other ideas for making cool reusable shopping bags.
Planning to buy, sell, or give away reusable bags?
Here are some tips to ensure you are using a quality/durable bag: