Equal Opportunity Contracting is a leader and a partner in public works contracting for the City of San Diego and the community we serve. We promote success in public contracting through education and an unwavering focus on the true value of equality. We honor the public's trust by actively encouraging fair dissemination of public contracting dollars.
- Enforce public contracting regulations;
- Administer Federal, State, and City equal opportunity laws;
- Conduct broad outreach efforts to increase the diversity of the contracting community;
- Provide mentorships and technical assistance to small and emerging contractors;
- Develop partnerships with the contracting community, emerging businesses and our client departments
We respect the diverse interests of our clients and our community.
Correspondence to Mayor and Council
- Correspondence (01/24/2012) (PDF)
Reports to Mayor and Council
- Report No. 11-016 Citizens Equal Opportunity Commission 2009/2010 Annual Report (01/21/2011) (PDF)
- Report No. 09-121 Citizens' Equal Opportunity Commission 2009 Spring Quarterly Report (08/26/2009) (PDF)