Knox Box Program
The Knox Box Program provides the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department with a quick and easy means to access a secured building or area. It also minimizes potential costly repairs caused by forcible entry and allows the building to be re-secured quickly and easily. When access is difficult for emergency responders, the Chief is authorized to require a Knox Box or Key Switch to be installed in an acceptable location.
- Knox Box Application (PDF)
The information which must be included on the application form is:
- the applicant's name, business name, address, phone number and e-mail
- the installation/inspection job site address, cell phone number and business site name
- contact person on site
- indicate whether this is a Knox Box installation or Knox Key Switch installation
- sign and date the application.
- There is a $207.00 fee for the Knox Product "lockup" per address. The check is to be made out to "City Treasurer"
Choose the products needed using this form:
- Knox Authorization Order Form (PDF)
- Sections 1, 4, 5, and 6 must be filled out
San Diego Fire Rescue Department
1010 Second Avenue, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
Attn: Knox Box Coordinator
Once the Knox Box Coordinator has processed and signed the order form authorizing the installation, the Knox Order Form and receipt will be sent back to the applicant who can then send the Knox Order Form and payment to the Knox Company.