Record Searches/Incident Reports
Inspection, permit or other information on a site for which there are no outstanding violations is a matter of public record.
Record searches for Fire Incident Reports or Fire Information/Inspection Reports will be ready within 10 working days of receipt of your request. Non-criminal fire investigation reports may take longer. Arson (Criminal) Investigation reports may be available from the San Diego Police Records Division or by a court issued subpoena.
Record searches for Technical Services Permits are done on Mondays only.
Types of Searches/Costs
- Fire Incident Report (PDF) (except medical incidents) - $5.00 each
- Fire Information/Inspection Report (PDF) - $5.00 each address
- Technical Services Permit Information (PDF) - $5.00 each address
See Hazardous Materials Tank/Systems Installations for the types of processes and installations which require permits.
Medical records can be obtained by contacting Rural/Metro of San Diego.
Process for Applying for Records
- Complete the specific form for the type of report or information requested. These forms may be completed on line, then printed and mailed in.
- Indicate on the form by checking the appropriate box whether you want the records mailed or whether you will pick them up at our office. If you wish them mailed, enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
- Enclose a check payable to the "City Treasurer" for the amount required per report or address, as noted above.
- Mail the completed form and check to:
San Diego Fire-Rescue Department
1010 2nd Avenue, Ste. 400
San Diego, CA 92101
ATTN: Records Management Clerk (for Fire Information/Inspection Report)
- or -
ATTN: Incident Reports Clerk (for Fire Incident Reports)
- or -
ATTN: Technical Services Clerk (for Technical Services Permit Information)