The City provides its employees with a variety of plans/programs.
- The Flexible Benefits Plan administers health and life insurance coverage
- The Long-Term Disability Plan provides non-industrially disabled City employees with income and flexible benefits coverage.
- The employee savings plans allow employees to enhance their retirement years by fully participating in tax-deferred plans.
- The Employee Assistance Program assists employees in solving personal and family problems that affect them.
- Retiree Health Option C Information
Benefits may change due to updates or revisions to employer-employee contract negotiations.
Employee health and savings plan, and some retirement benefits are administered by the Risk Management Department, Employee Benefits Office. For more information about the employee benefits plans, please visit Risk Management.
Most retirement benefits (for all employees hired on or before July 19, 2012) are administered by the San Diego City Employees' Retirement System (SDCERS). For more information please visit the SDCERS website or call (619) 525-3600.