The San Diego Junior Lifeguard Program offers youth - ages 7 through 17 - an opportunity to learn from professional lifeguards.
Students gain a wide variety of skills and knowledge including:
- how to enjoy the beach safely;
- ocean and wave education;
- area familiarity;
- first aid and CPR;
- water rescue techniques;
- the importance of keeping physically fit; and other topics related to lifeguarding
This valuable experience builds self-confidence and skills for life.
The content of our Program includes all of above plus:
- development of swimming skills;
- body surfing/body boarding;
- stand-up paddle boarding;
- beach games; and
- competition events with other junior lifeguard programs.
Our Instructors are a team of San Diego Lifeguards who provide a fun and safe aquatic education to the youth of San Diego by developing confidence, mental and physical fitness and respect for one another and the coastal environment. They have been chosen to work with the Junior Lifeguard Program based on their work history, lifeguarding experience and desire to work as a Junior Lifeguard Instructor.
- Check out the Junior Lifeguard YouTube Channel to see what we're all about.
News and Announcements
JGrommets (open to 7-8 year olds) - The San Diego Junior Lifeguard Program offers a week long introduction class to ocean awareness. Visit the JGrommets Program web page for more information.
For other questions or concerns, call (619) 221-8899 or email email@example.com.