Junior Lifeguard Sessions
During the 2013 Junior Lifeguard Program registration process, you will select your desired Session (1 or 2) and class (AM or PM) according to the following four choices:
- Session 1 (AM), June 17 thru July 12, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session 1 (PM), June 17 thru July 12, 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Session 2 (AM), July 22 thru August 16, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session 2 (PM), July 22 thru August 16, 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: Students may not attend both AM and PM classes within the same session.
The Program runs Monday through Friday. Throughout the program, we will visit several locations to become aware of the opportunities and hazards that exist along San Diego's coast.
What to Bring to Every Class
- Backpack for all your child's equipment
- Uniforms Items, such as a Rash Guard, Surf Hat, or Sweatshirt (review our uniform policy for details)
- Ocean Swim Fins (we recommend Duck Feet)
- Sunscreen (apply it before coming to class)
- Sandals/Flip Flops
- Pen or Pencil
- Water Bottle and Snack
- Junior Lifeguard Manual (given to students the second day of class)
Important Details to Remember
- Please label all equipment and uniforms with your child's name.
- Please do not come to class with expensive personal property. The Junior Lifeguard Staff is not responsible for any lost items.
- Personal wetsuits may ONLY be worn with a JG rash guard over it.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONES allowed during class times. Before or after class is OK.