San Diego Junior Lifeguards [SDJG] are required to wear a uniform during class. The required uniform consists of a yellow SDJG T-shirt [or SDJG rash guard], SDJG red shorts and suit, an SDJG hat, and swim fins. We recommend the "Duck Feet" model fins made by Voit. Optional SDJG uniform items include sweat tops and bottoms.
**For safety reasons, all clothing and gear worn during class times must be San Diego Junior Lifeguard apparel. Please read our uniform policy below.
- All JGs must wear a SDJG (yellow) uniform T-shirt or uniform rash guard. No other shirts are permitted.
- All JGs must wear a SDJG hat for sun protection.
- Girls must wear a red one-piece with a SDJG patch sewn on the left front. Two-piece swimsuits may be worn, but must first be approved by the JG Sergeant.
- Girls may only wear red shorts over their suits. The shorts must have a SDJG patch sewn on the left front. Shorts may not have any trim or designer logos. Small brand tags are acceptable.
- Boys must wear red shorts with a SDJG patch sewn on the left front. Shorts may not have any trim or designer logos. Small brand tags are acceptable.
- All shorts must be worn appropriately and around the waist. Boys may not have any undergarments showing.
- Additional required items include: proper foot protection (athletic style shoes or sandals), swim fins (SDJG recommends Duck Feet), sunscreen, a pen, and Field Training Guide (FTG).
- Any optional uniform items must be official SDJG issue. Wetsuits may only be worn with an official SDJG rash guard.
Finally, all personal gear should be marked with your first and last name on the outside for easy identification. The SDJG Program and Staff are not responsible for any lost uniforms items or personal property.
Our Uniform Policy will be included in the Junior Lifeguard Field Training Guide, which will be handed out on the second day of the session.
Uniforms are available for purchase online and will also be available in a few local retail stores. Please follow the link below to purchase your Junior Lifeguard uniform items. Please be sure to review our uniform policy before completing your purchase.
Customer Service for eTeeOnline.com: [aka. Mission Imprintables, Inc.] Haley French at 619-623-3203 ext. 249
Uniforms will be available for purchase at locations to be announced.
If you have any questions regarding uniforms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org