Improving the Quality of Life in Your Community
Code Enforcement helps maintain or improve the quality of your community in three ways:
- Administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of property conditions and land use requirements.
- Working with the Police Department, the Housing Commission, community volunteer groups, public service agencies, and other interested people to:
- Facilitate voluntary compliance with City laws and codes.
- Empower community self-help programs.
- Develop public outreach programs.
- Establish community priorities for the enforcement program.
- Participating with special programs targeted toward specific problems in San Diego communities. These programs include:
- Drug Abatement Response Team
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Program
- Vacant and Unsecured Properties
- Accessibility Code Enforcement