Building and Housing
Neighborhood Code Compliance investigates various code violations with regard to habitability conditions. In addition to the San Diego Municipal Code, NCC enforces various City and State housing laws (see Building and Housing Code Enforcement) while conducting its investigations. The following helps demonstrate the wide scope of issues that NCC enforces:
- Substandard Buildings - conditions which constitute a danger to a building's occupants and/or the public.
- Construction without Permits - What type of work does not require permits? - a listing of work not requiring building permits, as per San Diego Municipal Code, Section 129.0203.
- Mobile Home Parks
- Smoke Detectors - regulations regarding the installation, testing, maintenance and operation of smoke detectors in dwellings.
- Newsracks Permit Application, Form DS-3000
- San Diego Municipal Code Sections:
- Vacant Property Rehabilitation Programs - an overview of the Vacant Properties Program, including Frequently Asked Questions.