Zoning and Land Use
The San Diego Municipal Code Land Development Code regulates the use and development of land throughout the city of San Diego. The uses which can be permitted on your property depend on the zone designation. To determine the uses permitted in a particular zone, please contact the Development Services Department at (619) 446-5000. The following are issues routinely requested to be investigated by Code Enforcement Land Development Investigators:
- Home Occupations - Regulations for the operation of a business out of a residence.
- Auto Repair - Restrictions on auto repair in residential zones.
- Garage Conversions - Information on converting garages into habitable spaces.
- Alcoholic Beverage on Billboards - Information on restrictions for alcoholic beverage advertisement.
- Illegal Grading - Information regarding illegal grading.