Civic Dance Arts Program
Program Office: (619) 235-5255
- June 20, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.- Registration begins for all Civic Dance Arts classes.
- All classes visible on SDRecConnect on May 22, 2015.
- No classes on City Holidays.
- Or, Register for our Summer Camps!, July 13 to August 14, 2015. Registration and brochure at civicdancearts.org, click Dance Camp.
- September 19, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.- Registration begins for all Civic Dance Arts classes.
- All classes visible on SDRecConnect on August 21, 2015.
- No classes on City Holidays.
- Visit civicdancearts.org for more information.
- Leotard and tights or dance pants/shorts. No jeans allowed at any time. Hair tied back and out of the eyes. Appropriate shoes required. See instructor for more detailed information.
Cost and Class Information
- $41.00 per semester (unless indicated otherwise). Effective September 8, 2015, service fees will apply as follows for all transactions. For Online Registrations, $2 Transaction fee and 3% Processing fee will be charged for every transaction. For In-house Registrations, $2 Transaction fee will be charged for every transaction. Rates are established by the service provider and are nonrefundable.
- Low income fee waivers are available to those who qualify. Please visit http://www.civicdancearts.org/scholarships.html for more detailed information.
- Classes: September 28 through December 13, 2015 (10 sessions).
- Each class meets once a week for 45 minutes (unless indicated otherwise)
- The classes listed are subject to cancellation when enrollment minimums are not met and based on budgetary constraints.
- Dance instructors have final determination if their class levels are appropriate for the skills of the dancer enrolled. If the class is determined to not be a good fit, the student will be offered a transfer to another class or given a refund (see Refund Policy below).
- All participants must meet age requirements.
- No classes on City Holidays.
- Please be advised that parents will not be allowed in the dance room to watch classes as it is disruptive to the students dancing. Parents may watch the last 5 minutes of class only.
- More complete information about our events and classes can be found on this website.
- Dance office: 619-235-5255 (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm).
Summer Camps and Adult Workshop
- Register for our Summer Camps!, July 13 to August 14, 2015. Registration information here.
- Register for our Adult Workshop! August 23, 2015. Registration information here.
- Online Class registration requires a credit card payment.
- Credit cards accepted are Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. We are unable to accept debit cards without a Visa or Mastercard logo.
- Payment will also be accepted at Citywide Recreation Centers and the War Memorial Bldg using a credit card, EXACT cash or a check payable to: City Treasurer.
- All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration.
- Registration conducted on a first come, first served basis.
- A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- Class fees are not prorated/discounted after the beginning of the scheduled session.
- Financial assistance is available. Please contact the Dance Office for more information on how to apply: 619-235-5255.
- Refund request forms MUST be submitted PRIOR to the 2nd scheduled class meeting or two weeks PRIOR to the scheduled camp/workshop start date. . You can get the form (AC 1006) by contacting the dance office at 619-235-5255. Allow 6 to 8 weeks to receive your refund check in the mail. Please note that ActiveNet Transaction fees and Credit card fees are nonrefundable
- If a class is cancelled, the Dance office will contact you to follow the same procedures outlined above for processing a refund.
- No partial refunds or make-ups for missed classes (i.e. routine illness, vacation or other schedule conflict).
Inclusion Support Services
- The City of San Diego Therapeutic Recreation Services may provide inclusion aides for individuals with disabilities who wish to participate in Civic Dance Arts classes. Requests for this service must be made at least three weeks prior to the first day of class. For more information on Inclusion Support Services, contact Julie Gregg, CTRS, Inclusion Coordinator at 619-525-8248 or send an email.
Online Registration Information
Civic Dance Artsí registration is now online! Fall registration begins on Saturday, September 19th at 10am. Please Note that our Civic Dance Arts classes will not be visible on SDRecConnect until August 21st and that you will not be able to enroll in any of them until registration opens on Saturday, September 19 at 10:00 a.m. Remember to add whomever will be paying for the class(es) to your family account. If you don't add your spouse or grandparent, as examples, they will not be able to register and pay for you from home on registration day.
- Log onto the SDRecConnect registration website here.
- What you should do now:
- Create your online account. Click here for information on how to set up your account. If you have already created an account for any City of San Diego Park and Recreation activity, such as Cooking classes, swim lessons, etc. you DO NOT need to create a new account for dance classes.
- Read all information on this page so you are prepared.
- Contact us if you have any questions at 619-235-5255.
Registration will open on Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 10:00a.m.
You will be able to register for all your classes at that time from your home (with a credit card) or in person (cash, check, credit card) at any Recreation Center citywide or at the War Memorial Building from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. in Balboa Park. Please note that registration will not be taken at the Casa del Prado building - please go to the War Memorial Building to register.
Be sure to create your SDRecConnect account (if you don't already have one) before the registration date. This will enable you to register much more quickly day of and not miss out getting into the class you want. Click here for information on how to set up your account.
As a recipient of Federal funds, the City of San Diego cannot discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, medical condition, gender (transsexual and transgender), sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by Federal, State or local laws. If anyone believes he or she has been discriminated against, he or she may file a complaint alleging the discrimination with either the City of San Diego Park and Recreation Department (Contact the District Manager (619) 235-1106) or the Office of Equal Opportunity, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C. 20240.