From eight to 90 days in advance
(Torrey Pines Golf Course Only)
Telephone: 877-581-7171, select Option 3
Advance Reservations may be booked from eight to 90 days in advance of the date of play (based on availability) by calling the Torrey Pines Administration Office at 877-581-7171 option 3.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. local time. Reservation Staff is available from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The office is closed on City Holidays.
There are only a limited number of advance times (eight to 90 days) available, however, with enough notice you are likely to secure a tee time.
At the time of reservation, Residents and Nonresidents will pay a nonrefundable per-player booking fee. This fee is, in addition to green fees, nonrefundable and is collected at the time of reservation. Players will pay their green fees on the day of play to the starter and applicable Golf Cart fees to the Golf Shop.
For a complete list of fees for Residents and Nonresidents, please see our rates.
All advance reservations must be secured at the time of reservation with a nonrefundable booking fee. We accept payment by Visa or MasterCard.
City Residents must have a valid City Resident Card and PIN number at the time of reservation.
Seven days in advance through 7:00 p.m. the night before play (Torrey Pines Golf Course - Residents Only, Balboa Golf Course - Residents or Nonresident).
Tee times are made within the seven days by Touch Tone Telephone only using our Automated Reservation System. Listen carefully to prompts and follow the instructions.
You may reserve a tee time up to seven days in advance starting at 7:00 p.m. by calling 619- 570-1234. Example: Monday tee times may be booked starting on the prior Monday at 7:00 p.m. local time and remain active until 7:00 p.m. the night before play.
For identification purposes, City residents will enter their PIN number.
Nonresidents may not use the seven-day automated system to book reservations for Torrey Pines. They can, however, book reservations for Balboa Golf Course through the automated system, using their 10-digit telephone numbers.
How to obtain a 6-digit PIN number (resident ID card)
City resident photo ID cards, with a 6-digit "PIN number", are available at Torrey Pines Golf Course, Balboa Park Golf Course and Mission Bay Golf Course. They can be obtained with one of the five documents below.
Proof of residency (provide one of the following):
- Permanent California Driver's license (PO Box is NOT an acceptable address);
- California automobile registration (City address only, PO Box is NOT an acceptable address);
- Property tax bill (Must show a City address. Must be current and in your name.) (Trusts require documentation showing who created the trust, and the documentation must be notarized.);
- Active duty military ID card - stationed in San Diego (agreement is acceptable); or
- Current Student ID card from a City of San Diego High School or College (Must be a full-time student. Official Class Schedule required as documentation.).
You must have your PIN number to take advantage of the seven-day advance reservation system.
At the starter's booth:
Confirming your reservation
- Show one of the acceptable credentials;
- Pay the annual $25 fee; and
- Your picture will be taken and the card will be printed in less than a minute.
For reservations made using the automated phone system, enter the telephone reservation system using your PIN number or the phone number that you used to make your reservation. Select Option 2 to confirm your reservation.
Walk-on Waiting List
Depending on the time of year, we reserve the first half-hour to an hour of sunlight for walk-ups. All tee times prior to reservations are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Players must arrive early to ensure the best possible opportunity to play prior to reservations starting.
Tournaments and course closures will affect the availability of these times.
Prior to the starters' arrival, the early line-up is determined by the following procedure:
11480 North Torrey Pines Road
- For play on Monday-Friday, the early line-up is determined by putting a bag against the rail next to the starters' window and the same player who placed the bag must stay on premises until they check in with starter.
- For play on Saturday-Sunday and City of San Diego observed holidays, the early line-up is established by parking your car in the golf course parking lot, with the last car to arrive having their parking lights illuminated.
- For all early line-ups, one player per tee time must establish a place in line, and once a player gets in line, the same player must remain on the premises to hold that spot in line.
- Play will commence at 6:15 a.m. Monday through Friday and at daybreak on Saturday/Sunday and all City observed holidays.
- At least 30 minutes prior to commencement of play, all early line-up players should line up in front of starters' window in the order that was established by the previously early line- up policy.
- No players are ever allowed to start play on the course without the direction of the starter.
La Jolla, CA 92037
Phone: 858-581-7171 or
For general questions and media related requests, including interviews, film shoots and still photos, please email email@example.com
You can calso visit the Official Torrey Pines Golf Course website.