Your Dogs and City Parks
Welcome to Cadman Park Leash-Free Area
Cadman Park in Clairemont is located at 4280 Avati Drive.
Actual Dates will be posted
Fall / Winter / Spring - 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. & 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Summer - 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. & 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
No leash free hours on Fourth of July and on Saturday mornings during Little League season.
North - Cadman School Fence.
South - Southern Fence of Park.
East - Line and Signs between southwest-corner of the Tennis court to the western-most Eucalyptus Tree to the southern fence of park.
West - Western Fence and Top Edge of Canyon to signs.
Rules & Regulations
- Users must keep dogs on leashes going to and from the leash-free area.
- Users must monitor and control their dogs at all times.
- Users must clean up after their dogs.
- Aggressive behavior by dogs is not permitted.
- Dogs must have current licenses and no contagious disease.
- Puppies under 4 months of age are not recommended.
- Spaying and neutering of dogs is recommended. Dogs in season are not allowed.
- Parents must closely supervise their children. Parents must ask permission from the dog owner for children to play with a dog.
- Excessive barking is not allowed.
- Pet treats and other food are not allowed, except as part of a Special Event which has a Park Use Permit.
- Dogs may NOT drink out of the park water fountains. Bring a bowl which you may fill from the fountain or bring bottled water.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in the Athletic Fields
Violations of the above may result in revocation of the leash-free area and/or prosecution under applicable law.
Thank you for your cooperation.