Developed Regional Parks Ranger Program
Ranger-led tours are approximately one hour long and meet at 11:00 a.m. every Tuesday and Sunday at the Visitor Information Center in the Park's Plaza de Panama. Tour leaders discuss the historical and botanical treasures of Balboa Park.
The Park Rangers are committed to helping visitors have a wholesome, safe, and rewarding outdoor experience. They assist with public safety, raise awareness of conservation needs and methods, and carry out a proactive series of educational activities within the Park and throughout the community. For large tour groups or special arrangements, call the Park Rangers' office at (619) 235-1122.
Mission Bay Park Rangers are responsible for resource protection and management in Mission Bay Park, including Southern and Northern Wildlife Preserve's, Famosa Slough, and along the mouth of the San Diego River. Park Rangers are also very active in preparing and protecting the annual Least Tern nesting areas. Park Rangers can be reached by calling (858) 581-7602.
Park Rangers lead an outdoor slow-paced walking tour on significant history of Presidio Park. The free tours take place every second Sunday of the month from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please meet the Park Ranger near the front entrance to the Serra Museum . Please note that admission fees do apply to enter the museum, and is not included on the tour. For more information, please contact the Park Rangers at (619) 235-5935.
Presidio Park Ranger Reports
- Volume 5, Issue 4
- Volume 5, Issue 3
- Volume 5, Issue 2, March, 2011
- Volume 5, Issue 1, August, 2010
- Volume 4, Issue 4, March, 2010
- Volume 4, Issue 3, December, 2009
- Volume 4, Issue 2, June, 2009
- Volume 4, Issue 1, January, 2009
- Volume 4, Issue 1, October, 2008
- Volume 3, Issue 4, June, 2008
- Volume 3, Issue 3, March, 2008
- Volume 3, Issue 2, October-December, 2007
- Volume 3, Issue 1, July-September, 2007
- Volume 2, Issue 4, April-June, 2007
- Volume 2, Issue 2, September-November, 2006