Park Use Permit Rules and Regulations
- Parking spaces may not be blocked off for your event (unless approved by the City).
- All motor vehicles are restricted to roadways. VEHICLES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON LAWNS, BEACHES AND PARK WALKS AT ANY TIME (THIS INCLUDES LOADING AND UNLOADING PURPOSES).
- Abide by all posted parking regulations. Citation(s) may be issued for noncompliance.
- Vehicle parking is prohibited in most public parking lots in Mission Bay Park and the beach areas between 2:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. in accordance with SDMC. Some lots may have more restrictive hours/gates. Each parking lot is signed when parking is prohibited/restricted.
- Vehicle parking is prohibited in Balboa Park parking lots from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. daily (SDMC 63.02.21) with the exception of Marston Point parking lot. Parking in Marston Point parking lot is not permitted from sunset to 7 a.m. daily and 10 a.m. on Thursday for maintenance.
- Parking Violation Warning - Balboa Drive closes daily at midnight. The gates are opened at 7 a.m. Vehicles not removed prior to gate closure may be cited under SDMC.
- No parking on Balboa Drive to El Prado from midnight to 7 a.m. daily and midnight to 10 a.m. on Thursday for maintenance.
- No parking on Balboa Drive south of El Prado to Juniper Street from midnight to 7 a.m. daily and midnight to 10 a.m. on Wednesday for maintenance.
- No parking on Juniper Street and Balboa Drive, south of Juniper Street from sunset to 7 a.m. daily and sunset to 10 a.m. on Thursday for maintenance.
- No backing into stalls on Balboa Drive per SDMC (86.08 (A) & (B).