Park Use Permit Rules and Regulations
- Signs, banners or arrows giving directions to your event are not permitted in any area of the park other than that of your immediate designated area.
- Staging, platforms, tables, risers, etc. if permitted, shall not damage property, turf, shrubbery, or irrigation [SDMC 63.0102(b) (5)]. Items cannot inhibit public access [SDMC 63.0102(b) (25)].
- Do not tie off anything (ropes, banners, signs, etc.) to trees, plants or shrubbery. To injure, destroy, cut or remove any tree, shrub, plant, wood, turf, grass, soil, or rock in or growing in any park or beach area is prohibited [SDMC 63.0102(b) (4)].
- Permittee may not stake, or dig anything into turf [SDMC 63.0102(b) (4)].
- The City of San Diego does not provide any equipment or electrical power for outdoor events. Generators must be pre-arranged as a part of the permit process before the event. If the use of a generator is approved, a drip must be placed under generator and cables must be properly covered and must not impede pedestrian traffic at any time.
- The City of San Diego DOES NOT furnish/provide water hookup.
- Electronic amplification for music or voice projection is not allowed. A small boom box powered with 'C' or 'D' batteries is permissible; however, additional speakers may not be added to boost amplification of sound.