Community Plan Updates
Barrio Logan Community Plan Update
- Barrio Logan CPU Home
- About the Update
- Working Documents
- Get Involved with this Update
- Stakeholder Committee
- News & Updates
There are no new updates to the Barrio Logan Community Plan. Please refer to the adopted 1978 Barrio Logan Community Plan.
The Barrio Logan Community Plan Update Historic Context, Survey and Historic Preservation Element was awarded a Historical Resources Board Award for Community History. The awards ceremony will be held on May 22nd, at 202 C Street, in the Copper Room starting at 1:00 p.m.
Final Community Plan
City Council Resolutions and Ordinances
- R-308444 Certification of the EIR (PDF)
- R-308445- Amendment to the General Plan, Community Plan and Local Coastal Program (PDF)
- R-308446 - Approval of the Public Facilities Financing Plan (PDF)
- O-20312 - Zoning Amendment (PDF)
- O-20313 - Rezoning (PDF)
Future meeting dates include:
- California Coastal Commission – To Be Determined
The Barrio Logan Community Plan Update was heard at the City Council on Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.. Click here to access the Council docket and documents associated with the plan item.
Planning Commission on July 11, 2013 – The Planning Commission recommended unanimous approval of the staff recommendation to City Council.
Click here to access t he Planning Commission Report
On June 19, 2013, the Land Use and Housing Committee recommended that the Barrio Logan Community Plan update move forward to City Council.
Click here to access the report
The Historical Resources Board voted unanimously 9-0-0 to support the Historic Survey and Community’s Plan Historic Element and EIR on May 23, 2013.
Park and Recreation Board Hearing
The Barrio Logan Community Plan Update – Recreation Element and Designation of Chicano Park as a Regional Park was heard and voted on by the City's Park and Recreation Board on Thursday April 18, 2013. For more information regarding the meeting click here: http://www.sandiego.gov/parkandrecboard
Draft Barrio Logan Programmatic Environmental Impact Report and Technical Studies
- Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Report (PDF)
- Barrio Logan PEIR Public Review Extension Letter (PDF)
- Draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Report (PDF)
- Barrio Logan Community Plan Update Scoping Letter (PDF)
- Air Quality Technical Study (PDF)
- Barrio Logan Historical and Cultural Report (PDF)
- Geology Study (PDF)
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Study (PDF)
- Barrio Logan Community Plan Water Supply Assessment (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Study
- Area Study (PDF)
- Hazmat Report Table 1 (PDF)
- Hazmat Report Table 2 (PDF)
- Hazmat Report Table 3 (PDF)
- Hazmat Report Table 4 (PDF)
- Hazmat Report Table 5 (PDF)
- Hazmat Report Table 6 (PDF)
- Figure 1 Vicinity Map (PDF)
- Figure 2 Study Area (PDF)
- Figure 3 EDR Map (PDF)
- Figure 4 Release Sites (PDF)
- Figure 5 Chemical Use Sites Maps (PDF)
- Figure 6 Ranked Sites (PDF)
- Appendix A Qualifications (PDF)
- Appendix B EDR Report (PDF)
- Appendix B EDR Map (PDF)
- Noise Study (PDF)
- Addendum to Noise Study (PDF)
- Traffic Study
- Addendum to the Traffic Impact Analysis (July 2012) (PDF)
- Traffic Impact Study - COMPLETE (PDF: 87M)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
- TOC (PDF)
- Chapter 1 (PDF)
- Chapter 2 (PDF)
- Chapter 3 (PDF)
- Chapter 4 (PDF)
- Chapter 5 (PDF)
- Chapter 6 (PDF)
- Chapter 7 (PDF)
- Chapter 8 (PDF)
- Appendix B (PDF)
- Appendix C (PDF)
- Appendix D (PDF)
- Appendix E (PDF)
- Appendix F (PDF)
- Appendix G (PDF)
- Appendix H (PDF)
- Appendix I (PDF)
- Appendix J (PDF)
- Appendix K (PDF)
- Appendix L (PDF)
- Drainage and Water Quality Report
Barrio Logan Gateway Sign
On January 27, 2013, members of the community met with the consultant team and Port staff at Ryan Bros on Main Street to review the final gateway design: Final Gateway Design Powerpoint Presentation (PDF).
The project will now go before the Board of Port Commissoners in March 2013 as an informational item and all improvements included in the project are slated to begin by the end of 2013 and completed by the mid to end of 2014.
Community Meeting #3 - November 14, 2012
As part of the 10th Avenue Marine Terminal Port/Caltrans Street Improvements project, a new community sign is being proposed to span Cesar E. Chavez Parkway. At the third meeting, the consultant presented revised gateway designs for the community’s review. The stakeholders that were present at the meeting agreed that the revised gateway structure was satisfactory and should move forward. Additionally more work will be done to incorporate artistic elements into the design.
- News Release (PDF)
- Barrio Logan Gateway Invite (PDF)
- Barrio Logan Gateway Invite (Spanish) (PDF)
- Barrio Logan Gateway Presentation (PDF)
The Port of San Diego and Caltrans are in the process of developing a community sign to serve as a gateway to the Barrio Logan neighborhood. The new community sign will span Cesar E. Chavez Parkway between Main Street and Newton Avenue.
The proposed gateway sign is part of the Port Access Project, which will include crosswalk enhancements, lane adjustments, and beautification improvements along Harbor Drive, Cesar E. Chavez Parkway and Crosby Street near the Tenth Avenue Marine Terminal.
Ideas from these meetings will be used to create a final draft design that will be presented to the Barrio Logan community. After the final outreach session, the recommended concept will be presented to the Board of Port Commissioners. It is anticipated that construction of the gateway sign will begin Summer 2013.
The first community meeting was held on August 30, 2012 where community participants in attendance were asked how the sign should be designed in order to be unique to Barrio Logan.
At the second meeting on October 4, 2012, the consultant presented draft concepts based on input at the first meeting for the design. At that meeting the public provided comments to guide the refined sign design which will be presented in November 2012.
- Harbor Drive Segment: Parking, Trail Layout and Urban Design Features Report
- Harbor Drive Preliminary Potential Improvement Cost Summary (PDF)
- Harbor Drive Parking Summary (PDF)
On behalf of the City of San Diego, the San Diego Unified Port District hired a consultant to prepare the Bayshore Bikeway Report. This report will be provided to the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) for further evaluation during the development phase of the Bayshore Bikeway which is slated to begin design in Winter 2012.
Shipyard District Parking Structure Feasibility Study
Draft Study (PDF)
Draft Maintenance Funding Feasibility Study
For questions, please contact Lara Gates at 619-236-6006 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.