Community Plan Update
- Encanto Community Plan Update Home
- Encanto Environmental Impact Report Notice of Preparation
- Encanto Past Meetings
The Southeastern San Diego Community Plan (adopted June 4, 1987) is one of the older plans in San Diego. A comprehensive community plan update will be developed through a collaborative effort between Community Planning Groups, City staff, consulting team, and community stakeholders.
The city recognized and locally elected Community Planning Groups will serve as the backbone for the community outreach effort. There will be regularly scheduled Update Committee meetings located in both the Southeastern San Diego and Encanto Neighborhoods communities. The focus of the meetings will be to gather the community’s initial comments, educate and inform the public on research and data collected, and discuss and incorporate the community’s input into the plan update. All meetings will be open to the public and are meant to be inclusive and transparent.
The City of San Diego is updating the Southeastern San Diego (SESD) Community Plan - one of over 40 such plans in the City - through an in-depth, community-based planning process that will engage the broadest possible range of stakeholders. Part of the Land Use Element of the City’s General Plan, the SESD Community Plan is a long-range, physical development guide that includes tailored policies for implementing the General Plan in the community. The updated SESD Community Plan will convey community goals, objectives and recommendations with an emphasis on sustainable design principles and policies, all of which will be clearly outlined in an illustrative, graphically based, action oriented planning document.
The public review period for the draft community plan was closed on August 31, 2014. During the public review period, over 120 hardcopies and more than 200 CD copies of the draft community plan were distributed beginning with a joint community workshop held June 21, 2014. The Encanto Neighborhoods Planning Group has been reviewing each of the elements and have provided their input on the majority of the elements. The residual elements are anticipated to be reviewed at the October 7, 2014 meeting.
During the public review period, the public provided the City with comments which have been summarized in the following matrix with accompanying staff responses:
Over the next eight (8) months City staff and the consultant team will be preparing the programmatic environmental impact report as well as the public facilities financing plan. Staff anticipates that the plan updates will be presented to City Council in June 2015.
Draft Community Plan - June 23, 2014
- Draft Community Plan (PDF)
Updates to the draft community plan will be uploaded once all of the planning group comments have been incorporated.
Updated Draft Land Use and Zoning Maps - October 24, 2014
Associated Technical Studies
- Market Demand Study (PDF)
- Historic Context Report (PDF)
- Water Technical Report (PDF)
- Existing Air Quality, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, and Noise Conditions Report (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Part 1 (PDF)
- Hazardous Material Part 2 (PDF)
- Transportation Study (PDF)
- Euclid Avenue Corridor Master Plan Existing Conditions Study (PDF)
Public Outreach Strategy
- Public Outreach Strategy (PDF)
Guiding Documents and Previous Studies
- The City of San Diego General Plan
- Southeastern San Diego Community Plan
- Chollas Creek Enhancement Project
- Community Street Tree Master Plan Southeast San Diego (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Pedestrian & Bicycle Master Plan (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Pedestrian Bike Network Plan (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Urban Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Urban Design Guidelines Exhibit (PDF)
- Euclid Places3 Revitalization Program (PDF)
- Imperial Ave Corridor Master Plan (PDF)
- Project First Class Urban Design Program (PDF)
- SEDC Multi-Family Development Guidelines (PDF)
- Shaping the Future of the Euclid-Market Neighborhoods (PDF)
- Southeastern SD Commercial Corridor Urban Design Guide (PDF)
- Transit Oriented Development Design Guidelines (1992) (PDF)
Contact Us - Interest List
Please send us your contact information so that we can add you to the distribution list. You will receive all of the meeting notices, material distributions, and minutes. Please include
- Your Name
- Organization/Business or affiliation
- Address (we may occasionally mail notices or materials)
- E-mail Address