Community Plan Update
- Encanto Community Plan Update Home
- Encanto Environmental Impact Report Notice of Preparation
- Encanto Past Meetings
The update to the 1987 Southeastern San Diego Community Plan is the creation of two separate community plans to cover the area now within the existing Southeastern San Diego Community Plan. These new plans are known as the Southeastern San Diego Community Plan and the Encanto Neighborhoods Community Plan. The plan update process will also rescind the two existing planned district ordinances, adopt citywide zoning, adopt a Program EIR as well as create two separate Impact Fee Studies (formerly known as public facilities financing plans).
The primary objectives included in the plan update is to promote the development of higher intensity residential and community-serving mixed use development within close proximity of the transit corridors and developing villages, protecting stable low density residential neighborhood areas, encouraging commercial, retail, and higher-wage employment opportunities, and introducing mixed-use development where the existing planned district ordinance prohibits it. These objectives are planned to build upon and create a complete community that enhance the vibrant and evolving character of Encanto Neighborhoods.The Village areas of Encanto Neighborhoods include the areas surrounding the Jacobs Center and Market Creek Plaza, Euclid Avenue, 47th Street, Market Street, and Imperial Avenue where transit oriented mixed-use development is planned adjacent to the three high frequency trolley stops, bus routes and other multi-modal transportation options.
Significant innovative community engagement efforts have been ongoing from traditional community meetings to mobilizing the visioning and planning with pop-up outreach efforts throughout the community. The Encanto Neighborhoods Community Planning Group has been a partner in the development of the draft community plan review, new citywide zoning package and has engaged community members and stakeholders in the overall process.
The next major milestone is the release of the draft Programmatic Environmental impact report scheduled to be released to the public in June 2015. Throughout the summer and fall, staff will finalize the Impact Fee Studies and schedule numerous board and committee hearings culminating with City Council review and approval targeted for November 2015.
Draft EIR - July 9, 2015
The Southeastern San Diego and Encanto Neighborhoods Public Draft Environmental Impact Report is available as part of the 45-day public review period which will close on September 8, 2015.
The Draft Encanto Neighborhoods Impact Fee Study (formerly known as Public Facilities Financing Plan) is available for review: http://www.sandiego.gov/facilitiesfinancing/plans/index.shtml
Associated Technical Studies
- Market Demand Study (PDF)
- Historic Context Report (PDF)
- Water Technical Report (PDF)
- Existing Air Quality, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, and Noise Conditions Report (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Part 1 (PDF)
- Hazardous Material Part 2 (PDF)
- Mobility Study (PDF)
- Euclid Avenue Corridor Master Plan Existing Conditions Study (PDF)
The public review period for the draft community plan was closed on August 31, 2014. During the public review period, over 120 hardcopies and more than 200 CD copies of the draft community plan were distributed beginning with a joint community workshop held June 21, 2014. The Encanto Neighborhoods Planning Group reviewed each of the elements and have provided input. The planning group and the public provided the City with comments which have been summarized in the matrix with accompanying staff responses:
Draft Community Plan - June 23, 2014
- Draft Community Plan (PDF)
Updates to the draft community plan will be uploaded once all of the planning group comments have been incorporated.
Updated Draft Land Use and Zoning Maps - January 2015
Public Outreach Strategy
- Public Outreach Strategy (PDF)
Guiding Documents and Previous Studies
- The City of San Diego General Plan
- Southeastern San Diego Community Plan
- Chollas Creek Enhancement Project
- Community Street Tree Master Plan Southeast San Diego (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Pedestrian & Bicycle Master Plan (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Pedestrian Bike Network Plan (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Urban Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Encanto Neighborhoods Urban Design Guidelines Exhibit (PDF)
- Euclid Places3 Revitalization Program (PDF)
- Imperial Ave Corridor Master Plan (PDF)
- Project First Class Urban Design Program (PDF)
- SEDC Multi-Family Development Guidelines (PDF)
- Shaping the Future of the Euclid-Market Neighborhoods (PDF)
- Southeastern SD Commercial Corridor Urban Design Guide (PDF)
- Transit Oriented Development Design Guidelines (1992) (PDF)
Contact Us - Interest List
Please send us your contact information so that we can add you to the distribution list. You will receive all of the meeting notices, material distributions, and minutes. Please include
- Your Name
- Organization/Business or affiliation
- Address (we may occasionally mail notices or materials)
- E-mail Address