Community Plan Updates
Otay Mesa Community Plan Update
The Draft Programmatic Environmental Impact Report was released September 10, 2013 for a 45-day public review period. City staff is scheduling the draft community plan, draft zoning regulations, draft public facilities financing plan and the draft EIR for Historical Resources Board, Planning Commission and City Council hearings to begin in December 2013.
Draft Otay Mesa Programmatic Environmental Impact Report and Technical Studies
- Public Notice through Chapter 4 (PDF)
- Chapter 5.0 through 5.7 (PDF)
- Chapter 5.8 through 5.18 (PDF)
- Chapters 6 through 14 (PDF)
- Appendices A and B (PDF)
- Notice of Preparation and Comments
- Community Outreach Chronology
- Appendices C and D (PDF)
- Air Quality Report
- Biological Resources Report
- Appendix D - Biological Resources Report Attachments (PDF)
- Appendix E - Cultural Resources Report (PDF)
- Appendix F - Hazardous Materials Study (PDF)
- Appendix G - Drainage Report (PDF)
- Appendix H - Geotechnical Report (PDF)
- Appendices I - J
- Noise Technical Report
- Transportation Analysis
- Appendices K - N (PDF)
- Service Letters and Responses
- Technical Infrastructure Study
- Metropolitan Water Supply Assessment Report
- OWD Water Supply Assessment and Verification Report
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
Traffic Impact Study
- Posted June 2013 on Otay Mesa Working Documents page.
- Otay Mesa Community Plan September 2013 Draft (PDF)
Public Facilities Financing Plan
- Draft Zoning Map (PDF)
- Draft Otay Mesa CPIOZ (PDF)
- Draft Business Park Residential Permitted CPIOZ (PDF)
- Draft Zoning Matrix (PDF)
- Draft Industrial Zoning (PDF)
- Draft CPIOZ (PDF)
- Draft Parking Regulations (PDF)
December 13, 2012 Planning Commission Workshop – Status of Community Plan Updates Report:
- PC-12-120 part 1 of 2 (PDF) Status of Community Plan Updates
- PC-12-120 part 2 of 2 (PDF) Status of Community Plan Updates Presentation
- PC Status of Community Plan Updates PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
The Otay Mesa Community planning area is a dynamic and rapidly developing area of the City of San Diego. The area is bounded by the Otay River Valley and the City of Chula Vista on the north, the International Border on the south, Interstate 805 on the west, and the County of San Diego on the east. The Otay Mesa Community Plan Update, a high priority for the Mayor and the City, represents a significant planning effort for the City of San Diego. The Update will establish goals and objectives for future development that will implement the vision and policies while enhancing the image for Otay Mesa.
In its outreach efforts, the City of San Diego’s City Planning and Community Investment Department determined that a website dedicated solely to the update process would be an effective tool to reach stakeholders, community members, and concerned citizens interested in the update. To help keep all interested parties involved in the update process, this website will be updated with timely information regarding the following.
- Plan Update
- Working Documents
- Power Points
Public input is sought on the draft discussion alternatives, issues, and opportunities for Otay Mesa.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, and input regarding the Otay Mesa Community Plan Update.
Visit often and share your thoughts!