Community Plan Updates
Otay Mesa Community Plan Update
On April 22, 2014, the City Council adopted unanimously the Area of Benefit for the Otay Mesa Public Facilities Financing Plan and the setting of the FBA and DIF. This action is associated with the update to the Otay Mesa Community Plan approved on March 11, 2014.
On March 25, 2014, the second reading of the rezonings was unanimously approved by the City Council.
On March 11, 2014, the City Council unanimously approved the Otay Mesa Community Plan Update and associated documents, including the certification of the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR), the rescission of the Otay Mesa Development District (OMDD), the rezoning to Citywide zones, and the approval of the Public Facilities Financing Plan (PFFP).
Final Otay Mesa Community Plan Update and Associated Documents
- Otay Mesa Community Plan Update (PDF)
- Otay Mesa Public Facilities Financing Plan FY 2014 (PDF)
- Final EIR (PDF)
- Appendices A and B (PDF)
- Notice of Preparation and Comments
- Community Outreach Chronology
- Appendices C and D (PDF)
- Air Quality Report
- Biological Resources Report
- Appendix D - Biological Resources Report Attachments (PDF)
- Appendix E - Cultural Resources Report (PDF)
- Appendix F - Hazardous Materials Study (PDF)
- Appendix G - Drainage Report (PDF)
- Appendix H - Geotechnical Report (PDF)
- Appendices I - J (PDF)
- Noise Technical Report
- Transportation Analysis
- Appendices K - N (PDF)
- Service Letters and Responses
- Technical Infrastructure Study
- Metropolitan Water Supply Assessment Report
- OWD Water Supply Assessment and Verification Report
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Report
- Appendices A and B (PDF)
- R-308809 Certification of the EIR (PDF)
- R-308810 Amendment to the General Plan and Community Plan (PDF)
- R-308811 Approval of the Public Facilities Financing Plan (PDF)
- O-20361 Zoning Amendment (PDF)
- O-20362 Rezoning (PDF)
- C-958 Rezone Map (PDF)
Tuesday, March 11, 2014: The Otay Mesa Community Plan Update was heard at the City Council at 2:00 p.m. as Item S501.
Thursday, February 13, 2014: The Planning Commission voted 5-1 to recommend approval of the staff recommendation to City Council.
Thursday, January 23, 2014: The Historical Resources Board voted unanimously 10-0-0 to support the Historic Survey and Community’s Plan Historic Element and EIR.
- Agenda and Report (PDF)
Thursday, January 16, 2014: The Park and Recreation Board voted 6-0-0 to recommend to recommend approval to the City Council of the Otay Mesa Community Plan Update Recreation Element.
Wednesday, December 3, 2013: The Land Use and Housing Committee recommended that the Otay Mesa Community Plan Update move forward to City Council.
December 13, 2012 Planning Commission Workshop – Status of Community Plan Updates Report:
- PC-12-120 part 1 of 2 (PDF) Status of Community Plan Updates
- PC-12-120 part 2 of 2 (PDF) Status of Community Plan Updates Presentation
- PC Status of Community Plan Updates PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
The Otay Mesa Community planning area is a dynamic and rapidly developing area of the City of San Diego. The area is bounded by the Otay River Valley and the City of Chula Vista on the north, the International Border on the south, Interstate 805 on the west, and the County of San Diego on the east. The Otay Mesa Community Plan Update, a high priority for the Mayor and the City, represents a significant planning effort for the City of San Diego. The Update will establish goals and objectives for future development that will implement the vision and policies while enhancing the image for Otay Mesa.
In its outreach efforts, the City of San Diego’s City Planning and Community Investment Department determined that a website dedicated solely to the update process would be an effective tool to reach stakeholders, community members, and concerned citizens interested in the update. To help keep all interested parties involved in the update process, this website will be updated with timely information regarding the following.
- Plan Update
- Working Documents
- Power Points
Public input is sought on the draft discussion alternatives, issues, and opportunities for Otay Mesa.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, and input regarding the Otay Mesa Community Plan Update.
Visit often and share your thoughts!