Chollas Creek Enhancement Program
- Encanto Community Profile Home
- Community Planning Group Agendas and Minutes
- Current Community Plan
- Community Contact Information
- Parks & Other Community Services
- Existing Conditions
The City of San Diego is undertaking the Chollas Creek Enhancement Program as a key element in revitalizing this culturally-rich portion of the City. The goal is to create an open space system that lends identity to this area and provides a safe recreational and natural resource for the region.
Construction on two Pilot Projects for the Chollas Creek Enhancement Program has begun. Segment 2A is at the intersection of Market Street and Euclid Avenue and Segment 8 is adjacent to the intersection of South 38th and Alpha Streets.The scope of this project includes the removal of concrete channels along the creek, restoration of native vegetation and the creation of a linear park type setting with the inclusion of a trail system and an educational / interpretive element. This project will transform these two sections of the creek and the surrounding areas into positive open space features that the community can be proud of.
- Chollas Creek Enhancement Program, adopted May 14, 2002
- Full version (PDF: 7.1M)
- Enhancement 1 (PDF: 2.5M)
- Enhancement 2 (PDF: 3.3M)
- Enhancement 3 (PDF: 1.9M)
- Appendix (PDF)
- Chollas Creek South Branch Implementation Program