Commercial/Imperial Corridor Master Plan
About the Plan
The scope and intent of the Master Plan is to:
- Encourage a mixed-use transit-oriented corridor along Commercial and Imperial Avenues between Interstate-5 and State Route 15. Download the map of the master planning area (PDF).
- Address implementation, feasibility, and urban design issues associated with creating a smart growth mixed-use setting within this predominately urbanized community.
- Identify where roadway, sidewalk, and streetscape improvements should occur in order to enhance mobility, connectivity and safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, automobile drivers, and transit riders.
- Evaluate if Imperial Avenue should be widened to a four-lane major roadway which could impact the mobility options and the existing community character.
- Provide community members the opportunity to evaluate and plan for future enhanced mobility and mixed-use development opportunities.