Southeastern San Diego
Commercial/Imperial Corridor Master Plan
Thank you for your participation and input on the Commercial & Imperial Corridor Master Plan. The City and consultant team has scheduled a community meeting March 6th at the Sherman Heights Community Center to present the draft Master Plan, gather feedback, and discuss next steps. Please plan to attend and invite friends, neighbors, local businesses, and organizations to join us for a community discussion.
Commercial & Imperial Corridor Master Plan Workshop
Wednesday March 6th, 2013
Sherman Heights Community Center
2258 Island Avenue
San Diego, CA 92102
5:30pm - 8pm
Sign-in and refreshments at 5:30pm
Workshop beginning at 6pm
- Draft Master Plan (PDF)
- Draft Zoning Table (PDF)
- Draft Zoning Map (PDF)
- Residentual Zones (PDF)
- Commercial Zones (PDF)
- Industrial Zones (PDF)
- Encourage a mixed-use transit-oriented corridor along Commercial and Imperial Avenues between Interstate-5 and State Route 15. Download the map of the master planning area (PDF).
- Address implementation, feasibility, and urban design issues associated with creating a smart growth mixed-use setting within this predominately urbanized community.
- Identify where roadway, sidewalk, and streetscape improvements should occur in order to enhance mobility, connectivity and safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, automobile drivers, and transit riders.
- Evaluate if Imperial Avenue should be widened to a four-lane major roadway which could impact the mobility options and the existing community character.
- Provide community members the opportunity to evaluate and plan for future enhanced mobility and mixed-use development opportunities.
- Stakeholder Progress Report (PDF)
Meetings and Materials
- Working Group #1 May 18, 2011
- Community Workshop #1 June 25, 2011
- Working Group #2 July 20, 2011
- Working Group #3 September 21, 2011
Community Workshop #2 January 21, 2012
- Land Use Plan
- Concept Plan (PDF)
- Preliminary Land Use, Urban Design, Mobility Concepts (PDF)
- January 21, 2012 Agenda (PDF)
- January 21, 2012 DRAFT Preferred Plan (PDF)
- Community Workshop Presentation Boards (PDF)
- Streetscape Simulations (PDF)
- Streetscape Concepts (PDF)
- December 21, 2011 Survey Findings (PDF)
- Community Workshop #2 Summary (PDF)
- Working Group #4 April 11, 2012
Documents and Maps
As part of the master planning process, the City requests that the Southeastern San Diego Planning Group (SESDPG) convene the meetings and workshops on behalf of the community in order to bring together the neighborhoods that are affected by the master planning process. The purpose of the SESDPG Working Group is to provide the City with feedback that is representative of the diverse interests of the community at large. Further, the Working Group will provide a public forum for the community to be able to provide input as part of the master planning process.
In order to notify surrounding residents, business, property owners, and institutional uses of the meetings and planning work being prepared, the City will notice the community by creating a website and email distribution list. The City will e-mail notices and materials to the distribution list and post all information to the website.
The City has hired Dyett and Bhatia as the primary land planning consultant to conduct the master planning process. Subconsultants include:
We Want You - Interest List
Please send us your contact information so that we can add you to the distribution list. You will receive all of the meeting notices, material distributions, and minutes. Please include
- Your Name
- Organization/Business or affiliation
- Address (we may occasionally mail notices or materials)
- E-mail Address