Mission Bay Park Master Plan Update and Design Guidelines
As more people settle in the region, new recreation demands will be placed upon the Park responding to new interests, perceptions and values about how to engage the outdoor environment for relaxation and play. The fundamental goal of the Master Plan Update is to identify these new demands and chart a course for the continuing development of the Park which will sustain the diversity and quality of recreation and protect and enhance the Bay’s environment for future generations to come.
The Mission Bay Park Master Plan Update is organized into nine main sections: Planning Approach, Land Use, Water Use, Environment, Access and Circulation, South Shore/Fiesta Island, Art in the Park, Economics and Implementation. Within the Appendices is the Mission Bay Park Design Guidelines that addresses functional and aesthetic issues for private and public projects.
- Mission Bay Park Master Plan Update and Design Guidelines - Full Version - (Adopted 1994 and Amended 2002) (PDF: 16.3M)
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Executive Summary, Introduction & Planning Approach (PDF: 1.8M)
- Land Use & Water Use (PDF)
- Environment & Access and Circulation (PDF)
- South Shores/Fiesta Island, Art in the Park, Economics & Implementation (PDF)
- Appendices - Full Version (PDF: 8.3M)