The information which you provide will be held in strict confidence by the San Diego Police Department, its agents, and employees. It will be used solely for the purpose of processing your requests. It will not be sold, distributed or otherwise disclosed for commercial purposes. This information may be released to third parties only with your prior written consent.
- ABC Establishment Citizen Complaint Form
An ABC licensed establishment represents any business licensed to sell alcoholic beverages. This complaint form provides a means for reporting criminal activity and/or a nuisance related to an ABC licensed establishment. Fill out as much information about the nature of the situation as possible, then submit the form online via the "submit" button at the bottom of the form. It will be routed to a representative in the Police Department's Vice Unit for review and response as appropriate.
- Citizens' Online Police Reporting / Sistema de Informes Policia
The Citizens' Online Police Reporting system allows you to report some non-emergency crimes online and print a copy for your records.
- Citizen Request Form
The Citizen Request form provides a means for requesting additional patrol services and/or to report narcotic activity in a specific neighborhood. Fill out as much information about the nature of the situation as possible, then submit the form online via the "submit" button at the bottom of the form. It will be routed to a representative in the Police Department for review and response as appropriate.
- Financial Crime Report Form (PDF)
Use this form to report financial crimes involving bad checks, credit cards, etc. Fill out the form on line, then print it out and mail it in according to the instructions on page one.
- Embezzlement Report Form (PDF)
This form is made available to business owners who have had employee thefts involving the use of forged and/or altered records to facilitate the theft.
- Trespass Authorization/Letter of Agency Form (PDF)
This form allows the San Diego Police Department to act as the agent for the owner of private property for purposes of enforcing laws against any person(s) found on the property without the owner's consent or without lawful purpose. This is an extremely useful tool and is strongly recommended for vacant properties, vacant lots, businesses or any properties upon which public nuisance activity and/or crime problems, including transient activity, drug activity, prostitution, graffiti, or general trespass are occurring. This form must be renewed every SIX months in order to be effective per Penal Code section 602. Please submit the completed form via email or to your neighborhood police station.
In conjunction with this form, it is strongly suggested, although not required, that the property be posted with a sign indicating:
- A Letter of Agency has been filed with the San Diego Police Department*;
- The address of the property*;
- The words "No Trespassing"; and
- Who the property is managed by and/or who to call to report problems or concerns.
The sign should be no less than 18" X 24", ideally have a font legible from the nearest public street and not be readily accessible to vandals. Signs should be evenly spaced throughout the surrounding property boundaries covered by the Letter of Agency. View a Sample Sign (PDF).
* Important Note: A sign indicating a Letter of Agency is on file with SDPD including the address of the property is necessary in order for SDPD to confirm the validity of the Letter of Agency and respond accordingly.
- Media Identification Card Application (PDF)
This application should be used if you work for and provide service to only one media organization.
- Media Identification Card for Independents
This application should be used if you are a freelancer who provides service to more than one media organization.
- Ride Along Request Form (PDF)
Use this form to request a ride along with a police officer in your neighborhood.
- Vacation House Check (PDF)
Please fill out this form and return it to your nearest SDPD Division. Click here for a list of Divisions.
- Vehicle Violations
- 72-Hour Abandoned Vehicle Complaint Form
This online form should be used to report a vehicle that has been parked on a city street in the same location for more than three days (72 hours).
- Inoperable Vehicle Complaint Form
This online form should be used to report a vehicle on private property that is inoperable, for example, missing tires, missing engine.
- 72-Hour Abandoned Vehicle Complaint Form