Special Event Traffic Controller
As a Special Event Traffic Controller (SCTC 1), you will have an entry-level, hourly-paid civilian position with the San Diego Police Department. You will be under the direction and supervision of a Special Events Traffic Control Supervisor.
As a Special Event Traffic Controller, you will
- learn to expedite traffic flow at civic events to lessen congestion;
- receive training in traffic direction and placement of equipment;
- work with police officers;
- work various events throughout the city;
- be in the position to be considered for other city jobs.