Accessibility and Website Information Skip Site Wide Navigation Skip to Content City Seal | HomeCity of San Diego | Home
Search City of San Diego

Frequently Asked Questions

Obtaining Police Information

How can I get a copy of my police report?

Requests for reports can be made through the mail or in person and must be accompanied by a check or money order for $12.00 per report, payable to the City of San Diego.

The following information is necessary to identify requested report:

  • Parties involved
  • Date and location of occurrence
  • Report number if available

Request by mail:
Send request to SDPD Records MS#726,
P.O. Box 121431, San Diego, California, 92112-1431.
Include a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

Request in person:
Only on Wednesdays between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
SDPD Records Public Counter at 1401 Broadway

How can I get a copy of my criminal record?

You may obtain your own local criminal history information for a fee of $12.00. You must request this information from the SDPD Records Division at 1401 Broadway on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.

You may also request this information through your attorney by providing him/her with a letter of authorization. The information provided will be San Diego Police Department arrests only. For a full criminal history record, contact the California Department of Justice.

How can I obtain crime statistics?

A variety of crime statistics are available on this web site.

How can I get a police clearance letter (proof of no criminal record)?

Contact the San Diego County Sheriff's Licensing Division at (858) 974-2020 for an application.

Do I have any warrants?

Information regarding an outstanding warrant can be obtained from the San Diego County Sheriff's on-line warrant system.