Elder and Dependent Abuse Unit
Sexual abuse is defined as nonconsensual contact of any kind with an elder/dependent person. Sexual contact with any person incapable of giving consent is also considered sexual abuse. It includes unwanted touching and all types of sexual assault or battery (i.e. rape, sodomy, coerced nudity, and sexually explicit photographing).
Signs and symptoms of sexual abuse include:
- Bruises around the breasts or genital area
- Unexplained venereal disease or genital infections
- Unexplained vaginal or anal bleeding
- Torn, stained, or bloody underclothing
- An elder/dependent adult's report of being sexually assaulted or raped