Homework Help Center
Got homework? We've got help!
There are lots of ways you can get the help you need at the Library.
More details below:
- Do Your Homework @ the Library Program
- Union Bank Homework Center at the Central Library
- HelpNow Online Homework Help
- QuestionPoint 24/7 Reference Services
- Research Databases 24/7
- More Resources for Students
Do Your Homework @ the Library Program
As part of Mayor Kevin Faulconer's One San Diego budget plan to reestablish the City's libraries as centers for learning and civic engagement for San Diego children, this new afterschool program provides:
See Mayor's Press Release for more details about the program. (PDF)
- View hours and locations. (PDF)
- View map of all homework centers. (PDF)
- View 2014-2015 Homework Center calendars. (PDF)
For questions about the program, please contact Marina (Rina) Claudio-Perez at MCPerez@sandiego.gov.
Visit the Union Bank Homework Center,
Open 7 Days a Week
The Union Bank Homework Center at the Central Library is located on the second floor of the Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common. At the Homework Center, students in grades K through 12 can get in-person homework help from teachers on staff, as well as volunteer "homework coaches." For hours and more information, please visit our Union Bank Homework Center page.
Free online help for homework assignments is as close as your computer with HelpNow from Brainfuse.
Reference services avaialble 24/7! QuestionPoint provides free reference assistance from a trained librarian. Ask a librarian your tough question any time!
Research Databases* available 24/7! A variety of resources for students and educators available at our Kids and Teens portal. Some resources are available in spanish, Recursos en Español (Spanish Databases)*.
More Resources for Students
- Internet Public Library
- Other Resources
- FactMonster - Quick facts on history, people, places, science, sports, words, and more.
- New York Times Learning Network (Grades 6-12)
- WebExhibits - The arts and sciences, at 72 ppi
- California State Science Fair
- Best of History Websites This portal offers a vast array of world history resources broken down into the following topics: Prehistory, Ancient/Biblical, Medieval, Early Modern Europe, 20th Century, and World War II. Links to over 1000 history web sites as well as links to hundreds of quality K-12 history lesson plans, history teacher guides, history activities, history games, history quizzes, and more.
- Ask Dr. Math Ask Dr. Math is a question and answer service for math students and their teachers. A searchable archive is available by level and topic, as well as summaries of Frequently Asked Questions (the Dr. Math FAQ).
- Bartleby.com Featuring Barlett's Familiar Quotations, The Columbia Encyclopedia, and Roget's Thesaurus II... and a lot more.
- CliffsNotes View Free Online Literature Notes and more.
- Infoplease Encyclopedia, Almanac, Atlas, Biographies, Dictionary. It is a free, authoritative, and respected reference for Internet users.
- How Stuff Works - MP3s for example