Summer Reading Program
Friday, June 15 - Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Readers of all ages will explore the night this summer at the San Diego Public Library. Join the summer reading fun at your local library with prizes*, entertainment, story times, music and, of course, lots of great books! It's a great way to enjoy reading over the summer.
All you have to do is read 10 books and outstanding prizes* will be yours. If you have someone read to you, that counts too! Receive incentives just for signing up.
* While supplies last. The Library reserves the right to substitute prizes based on availability.
Summer Reading Program events will be added to our calendar as they become available. We'll have storytimes, music, magic, crafts, author readings, book discussions, and more.
Adults - You are encouraged to read and explore with your kids to create a fun summer experience for the entire family! There will also be an adult component to the Summer Reading Program at the following locations: (Check with the branches for more details.)
- Clairemont Branch Library
- Valencia Park/Malcolm X Branch Library & Performing Arts Center
- Logan Heights Branch Library
- Tierrasanta Branch Library
- Mission Valley Branch Library
- North University Community Branch Library
- Point Loma/Hervey Branch Library
- Pacific Beach/Taylor Branch Library
- Mission Hills Branch Library
With our partners:
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Padres
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center
- San Diego Air and Space Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum
- Legoland California
- Daphne's California Greek Café
The California Summer Reading Program is a project of the California Library Association, supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, a federal grant program administered in California by the State Librarian.