One Book, One San Diego
About One Book One San Diego
Now in its seventh year, One Book, One San Diego has been a partnership between KPBS and the San Diego Public Library to bring together our community and encourage residents to join others in the shared experience of reading the same book. This year One Book, One San Diego is expanding its reach by including a new partner, the San Diego County Library. This means the community can choose any of the 71 city or county library branches to check out the book. One Book, One San Diego encourages participation in related events, discussions of the ideas raised by the annual One Book selection and examination of how these ideas connect with our daily lives.
One Book One San Diego 2013: Caleb's Crossing
The results are in! Geraldine Brooks' novel Caleb's Crossing has been selected for One Book One San Diego 2013. The accompanying young adult (middle school) and children's companion titles are Jingle Dancer by Cynthia Leitich Smith and Sees Behind Trees by Michael Dorris.
Check back for information on book discussion kits, suggested reading lists, related events, and more.
2013 Title Selection Process
A new process for selecting a One Book title was implemented this year that was designed to increase community participation. Community members nominated books through online and paper submissions. The nomination submission period lasted the entire month of March and is now closed.
Past Year Selections
- One Book, One San Diego 2012: Sky of Red Poppies by Zohreh Ghahremani, Moloka'i by Alan Brennert, and Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea
- One Book, One San Diego 2011: The Gangster We Are All Looking For by lê thi diem thúy
- One Book, One San Diego 2010: Outcasts United by Warren St. John
- One Book, One San Diego 2009: The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman
- One Book, One San Diego 2008: Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
- One Book, One San Diego 2007: Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario